0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrew View Post
    ehhhh
    rec'd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also agree with those who have seen the evils of FB management & decided to stay away. However, unlike them, I planned 'someday' to join to help me reconnect with many long-lost friends from high school, college & prior jobs. FB's insistence on continuing the uninhibited exploitation of their users is making this option more & more remote ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jawn View Post
    Hypothetically, how can you know that some shady person isn't taking pictures from your blog, turning them into a calendar, and selling them on the streets of another country? I guess that's my ultimate point. At least facebook tells you they're doing it. Bootleggers around the world won't be as honest.
    The difference between someone stealing your wallet and someone requiring you to sign a release giving them permission to steal your wallet -- I find immense.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    The difference between someone stealing your wallet and someone requiring you to sign a release giving them permission to steal your wallet -- I find immense.
    Indeed, because if you give them permission to take your wallet, then they aren't really stealing it, are they?

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Facebook's actually doing this? I never agreed with the idea of it. It's one thing when you publish a book or something, but it's another when you practically can write out your whole life online (even the most meaningless parts), can never truly get rid of it, and is available to anyone anywhere. Not just that, but Facebook and almost any other form of social media are pretty much a tag for a standard person. Everyone has a Facebook. No, not really, but it's a stereotype. Back in the day it was uncommon to even have a computer. Today it's uncommon to not have a computer or anything associated with one.

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plant Planter View Post
    ... but it's another when you practically can write out your whole life online (even the most meaningless parts), can never truly get rid of it, and is available to anyone anywhere...
    Hence why companies like Acxiom are rather scary entities when you stop and think about it. (Acxiom is an international data mining company that sells the info they glean to anyone who wants it.) I would expect, policies like that of FB will make the jobs of data miners much easier. Oh, and just for the heck of it, a rather interesting -- albeit creepy if you really pay attention to the lyrics -- song that is somewhat related to the whole data mining topic:

http://plantsarethestrangestpeople.b...raft-demo.html

Interesting to find out in reading this thread that I'm not alone in distrusting FB. Like Ron, I have considered -- albeit very reluctantly -- joining FB to try and reconnect with old friends I've lost touch with over the years. Crap like this makes it rather unlikely I will ever do so.
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to find someone on facebook, just use a friends' account. That's what I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont use facebuck, im on planet twitter (@dals09)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast