Hello folks, it's that time again. For those who participated last year either by voting or judging, you have our sincerest thanks for making our calendars as awesome as they are.
This year, we will play the calendar contest via public vote from the get-go, you must follow these instructions exactly otherwise your photo may be disqualified.
1) Members are only allowed to make one submission this year.
2) The photo submission must be taken by the member submitting it.
3) The photo submission may be taken of any (proto*)CARNIVOROUS plant, in-situ or in cultivation but must be taken in the year 2013. If you are taking a photo of someone else's plant, please mention who the plant belongs to as well.
4) You must submit 2 photos: One will be submitted on this thread, while the second, full res image must be sent to:
5) Full resolution images must be at least 8 MP (~3504x2336) large in order to qualify.
6) Please send your full resolution images as soon as possible as this will reduce the delay time between formatting and production.
7) Landscape images only please.
8) Cut off date for submissions will be Nov 1st @ 0:00 PST. Both preview and full resolutions must be in their respective designations before the cut off.
9) Preview photos for the contest may be watermarked if desired.
10) By submitting to this contest your are allowing your photo to editing that may or may not include cropping, color correction/balance, typography placement, as well as other minor edits. Please refer to past submissions to gain an idea of how much modification your photos will go through.
Voting will commence Nov 1st @0:00 PST to Nov 9th, 0:00 PST.
And may the odds be ever in your favor....
*proto may be defined as 1) Has the ability to attract and kill insects but lacks the ability to digest them via own enzymes.