What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obligatory visited-California-Carnivores Thread

• Thread starter Dexenthes
  • Start date

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
Just visited Peter's nursery yesterday so of course I gotta share some pics with you guyz.

These are the fellows I walked away with ( of course...)

Nice pics Dex.

Awesome! I've been meaning to make my way up there for a while now. I really like the form of spectabilis x singalana you got. I don't really know anyone else that grows that hybrid. I'd love to see updates of it as it grows. Your's seems to have inherited a lot more of the singalana peristome. I just posted the first mature-ish pitcher mine's formed since I got it in my thread yesterday. Keep us posted! Great photos!

You know I'm good for continually posting pictures of my plants despite them having grown significantly at all :D.

But yeah I really like this particular plant. The hour glass shape is so..... Great!

I didn't even know that hybrid existed

So many new hybrids coming out... its hard to keep up. I didn't really even know it existed til I bought it!

Thanks for posting the pics, Dex. I am burning with a renewed desire to make the pilgrimage myself and feeling kind of sheepish for not having done it already. And you had to come from Alaska!

Thanks so much for posting these--as an east-coaster I will likely never make it out there. It was great to get to see his plants!!!

DSCN8279_zps2527da7d.jpg

My pondarium? Good to see the Aldros came back (or got reintroduced). The system crashed when I moved it, it used to be an Aldrovanda factory. Were there any fishies? I suppose the poor things didn't survive the latest heat waves. Albino Gambusia, mosquitofish.

I hate to have to ask, but is Andrew cool with this admittedly fabulous thread?

Back