Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USDA Permit Madness

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USDA Permit Madness

I need a new small seed permit so I thought I'd try and just send it online, its 2013 right? We should be able to do that by now.

Well not so much, after a few hours (yes hours) getting the account setup, lots of overcomplicated instructions with a few "wait 10m, 20m" times. A very complex password system I finally get into there system and can start working my way around the menu's. There it is! PPQ Form 587! Yay!! I win!!........Umm...I signed up for level 2 access...after another hour of looking around/reading....I have to physically go into an office in down town so they can verify who I am....or just drop the completed form in the mail....

Looks like its paper + USPS for me! Atleast this way should be painless.

Gotta love the government....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through that about 2 years ago, i've still got my permits and everything but I let them lapse I think. Going to the office was a pain though
    NCSU's Carnivore Nut
    Original President of the CCPS & Co-Founder
    Mason M.
    My Growlist

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my point, if I just print out the form and mail it off I don't have to go anywhere. Forget all this fancy technology

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to the office is totally pointless too. All they do is enter all the info you already gave them. Also, don't expect them to be able to answer ANY questions you may have pertaining to actually using the permits.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just after a new permit for next year so snail mail will work just fine. I'm just amazed by this, although I shouldn't be considering the mess that US importing is.

All this stuff is just so silly, I can tell them I want to import any and all legal seeds from France but I can't tell them I want to import all legal Nep seeds worldwide. I really have to specify each location individually?

If I'm reading everything right and you have a permit you will not be fined for importing the illegal stuff, they just destroy it. GOGO CITES! Destroy the indangered stuff instead of finding it a proper legal home. But importing legal stuff without a permit well that's potential jail time.

Who gave these @%$$#$ power again?

I've been reading too much government stuff today

It does look like CITIES is allowing Nep pollen without certs. excluding khasiana and rajah

a) seeds (including seedpods of Orchidaceae), spores and pollen (including pollinia). The exemption does not apply to seeds from Cactaceae spp. exported from Mexico, and to seeds from Beccariophoenix madagascariensis and Neodypsis decaryi exported from Madagascar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I listed every country I could even think of possibly importing plants from on my paperwork. Same as genera, my list is huge. I just wanted to cover all bases.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn around time for ePermits (level 2 access) from authorization to receiving your paperwork is 11 days. By paper up to 30 days. Same for renewals, additions or changes. My original application was for only 4 countries and several taxa. Online status my permits says all applicable taxon and countries. I wanted to add more countries to my original application but was told this was not necessary as the online permit was for all. This may not be the case with paper only permits.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its not a problem can you tell me what the wording is for your countries online? Maybe if I print that on the mail in form they would take it. I'm done with seeds from this year so I won't need this until spring/fall of next year. Plenty of time to resend it if they don't like it

My closest office is 45m away in an area I would never go to otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast