What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apparently I'm Selling Rafflesiana Seed

The same guy stole my photo as well. Message him and demand he take it down. I already reported him once. Funny enough its on the exact same item.

I'm more interested to know if your plant is the "Nepenthes rafflesiana green var. squat" the seller is representing it to be.

Last edited:
well before he was using this image of mine to represent the green var. squat and this is a giant form of N. rafflesiana I honestly think he's just choosing his favorite picture from CP Photofinder and using those
7264898456_560c3ce612_b.jpg

well before he was using this image of mine to represent the green var. squat and this is a giant form of N. rafflesiana I honestly think he's just choosing his favorite picture from CP Photofinder and using those

I recognize that photo from ebay! Considering that none of the photos are of his own cultivated plants, I wouldn't be surprised if those seeds aren't even from nepenthes.

I'm more interested to know if your plant is the "Nepenthes rafflesiana green var. squat" the seller is representing it to be.

I call this plant N. rafflesiana "typical". My mental image of a green raff is entirely pale green with no spots or stripes.

On the positive side, this whole thing has put me in raff collection mode. It's such a variable species!

if its raffs you seek you should talk to Sundrew, he has one of the best raff collections in the US I think.

if its raffs you seek you should talk to Sundrew, he has one of the best raff collections in the US I think.

I actually traded a cutting from the above raff with him over summer. Good idea, I will see what else he has.

Don't waste your time negotiating with someone who repeatedly steals other people's photos to flog stuff on eBay; they KNOW they are doing something wrong and they dont care. Nine times out of ten they wont get caught, so there is little incentive to do the right thing. Instead, simply go direct to filing DMCA forms with eBay to have the photo taken down. The bonus is that the merchants gets a strike against them from eBay, and so you will have some meaningful impact on their behavior, since there is suddenly disincentive to continue stealing photos. Been there, dealt with this before.

The same eBay vendor had a listing for N. sumatrana seeds. There was a picture of a Nepenthes villosa pitcher in the photograph...

The same eBay vendor had a listing for N. sumatrana seeds. There was a picture of a Nepenthes villosa pitcher in the photograph...

I saw that too! I'm shocked that people are willing to believe it with 11 already sold... probably newbie purchases.

Somebody hijacked some of my photos of camera equipment once. I contacted the seller to remove them since it violated both intellectual property laws and the terms of use of the host site where I originally posted the photos. I did not report the posting to eBay although I could have.

that is a gorgeous raff! I need to get my hands on a raff one of these days

Back