User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just got back from the Philippines (DUW)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nasty little suckers. I try to avoid leeches, if possible. There are just some places they don't belong so I am living the experience vicariously through your pictures. Thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing! Loved those Pulchra!!!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it's been pretty stale lately, I check this forum in hopes of seeing threads like these. Those are some of the nicest examples of attenboroughii I've seen. The same can be said about most of the plants in this thread. Thanks, Dex!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    Love the shot of the Megophrys. Their call is probably the most frightening of any frog I've heard. A horrific screeching sound mixed with a baby crying. Must make the blood run cold at night in the jungle if you don't know what it is. Hell, made my blood run cold in my basement when I knew exactly what it was.
    Yeah that was probably the coolest amphibian I saw on the trip by far. Its hard to say if I even heard them. The jungle was so loud at night, there were so many noises; it was hard to tell what was an insect a bird or an amphibian.

Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    Trips like these are always exciting. glad i didnt have to deal with leeches!
    thanks so much for sharing, the plants look amazing!
    The trade off was that there weren't too many mosquitoes, so yeah they weren't too bad. You just have to be vigilant about picking them off!

Quote Originally Posted by pokie22 View Post
    Nasty little suckers. I try to avoid leeches, if possible. There are just some places they don't belong so I am living the experience vicariously through your pictures. Thanks for sharing
    Well I am glad I could provide that service for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambanja View Post
    Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing! Loved those Pulchra!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Although it's been pretty stale lately, I check this forum in hopes of seeing threads like these. Those are some of the nicest examples of attenboroughii I've seen. The same can be said about most of the plants in this thread. Thanks, Dex!
    Not a problem guys! It's always fun to share these things with you peeps.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent shots! That "weird ant plant" is hilarious - for reasons I'd rather not type here...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great shots! N. attenboroughii is always a showstopper, but the color on the pulchra are fantastic! Those are some FAT truncatas, too. By the way, the creature you labeled as a planarian is actually a hammerhead slug. Interesting animal nonetheless though....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beyond awesome. Thanks for photographing, and posting, the amazing biota there.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Excellent shots! That "weird ant plant" is hilarious - for reasons I'd rather not type here...
    Oh well then you would probably find the upper pitcher of N. surigaoensis quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Great shots! N. attenboroughii is always a showstopper, but the color on the pulchra are fantastic! Those are some FAT truncatas, too. By the way, the creature you labeled as a planarian is actually a hammerhead slug. Interesting animal nonetheless though....
    Thank you thank you, noted.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    Beyond awesome. Thanks for photographing, and posting, the amazing biota there.
    Any time I have the chance!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast