What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's Tony??

Wow that's horrible news for Tony, a real shock!

I hope his insurance can help to overcome the financial aspects - and most important that he
stays with the plants we all love so much.

Joachim

This saddens me very very much. I and very sorry for your loss Tony. If there is anything in my collection I can help you replace with cuttings lease feel free to let me know. I'm sure many of the older plants I won't have but some I might. I hope you decide to rebuild and come back when possible. Take care my friend. We miss you.

Nothing can replace a 10 years old plant, poor tony and poor community. His collection was amazing. I hope he will take legal actions against that stupid gaz company...

Last edited:
Truly sorry to hear about the loss Tony. I completely understand from personal experience. I know you had rarer and more emotionally and financially invested plants in this tragedy. It truly is on of the most demoralising things in this hobby. But remember your love for the plants and take your time.... it will be a while, but you might recover most of your personal stock plants from all your great friends in this community. Just let us know.

This is truly saddening. I hope doesn't drop out of the hobby entirely, even if he doesn't re-open the nursery. It reminds me of how thankful I should be that I live in a more forgiving climate.

I have recently gone through a similar issue but far smaller in scale, this winter has killed about 1/4 of my entire CP collection....it's the coldest winter since I started growing plants, and I've lost things that can never be replaced. Not sure if anyone noticed my absence, but I've been just too bummed to talk about plants lately. I can't even imagine what this poor guy must be feeling... hang in there Tony.

Back