Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DavidA's plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lil hokie View Post
    Are those the ceramic pots from Home Depot?? I love those pots. For a while my entire collection grew in those pots (until they got too bg and the pots cracked).
    Yes it is. I read that glazed was the best and I thought the red and blue looked nice so I got them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fred Meyer sells those over here in Idaho too -- more "neon" colors, though. Still, great pots for the price.

heatherfeather knows the weather! lil hokie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have a few plants in them. They really are good ceramic pots. They are glazed inside and out, have a drainage hole, not too pricey. I wish there were more colors but they are quite great. Possibly my favorites.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the dormant tag, the shipping department probably labeled the wrong plant.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice plants! They're all looking great. The last one with the droopy lids looks pretty healthy. After a few months the pitcher will start to dry out and eventually will die. This is normal, I don't think you're doing anything wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Regarding the dormant tag, the shipping department probably labeled the wrong plant.
    That's what I'm thinking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BioZest View Post
    Nice plants! They're all looking great. The last one with the droopy lids looks pretty healthy. After a few months the pitcher will start to dry out and eventually will die. This is normal, I don't think you're doing anything wrong
    Thanks! I would love it if they all made it, but c'est la vie. Whimgrinder told me that since they were originally grown in his green house, they were used to higher humidity and lower air movement. I know have them in my backyard, which has been rather windy and comparatively dry lately, he thinks it has caused the plant to transpire more than it is used to, and it is trying to adjust. I brought them into my rather sheilded poarch last night to get them out of the wind (it really picked up last night) and the lids perked back up to where they should be overnight.

They N. Cathy Jo is loving it though. The pitcher has grown a couple of mm I think and the peristome has turned a nice shade of hot pink and is starting to flare out a tad. I'll see if I have enough sun when I get home to snap a pic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff David
    Your momma!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Favian View Post
    Great stuff David