Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: DavidA's plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More pics:

N. x Cathy Jo, the persitome is really pinking up and starting to flare out a bit.

Unidentified Nep perking up after a nice, humid night:

And it looks like one of the bigger leaves on the VFT has caught itself a snack overnight:

Gave the leaf a gentle pinch, and it felt squishy and kind of juicy on the inside. I guess it has started to digest it already. It was probably a small, unlucky cricket or something. I'm surprised the leaf was still quick enough to get something while dormant.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That NOID nep definitely has truncata in it, as the main parent if not pure truncata (though a few more months of growth should help that ID)
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    That NOID nep definitely has truncata in it, as the main parent if not pure truncata (though a few more months of growth should help that ID)
    Could well be. It does have the purpley-red freckles on the inside of the pitcher and lid, round lid, and teardrop shaped maw that seem to be characteristic of a truncata.

I vaguely remember Paul telling me that he thought the plant had N. maxima influences. I googled N. maxima x truncata and found this:

Purplely-red freckles, round lid, teardrop shaped maw and it even has the ava spread out flat like mine mostly do. We should definitely be able to tell in a few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking some N. sanguinea influence in there, too, but just not the color.
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update:

My VFT seems to be coming out of dormancy. It's making a whole slew of new traps that are bigger and it looks like they are trying to grow up into the air.

My unidentified Nep has a new pitcher that has popped open overnight. It's got even more color and is just a tad smaller than the other one (sorry for the horrible focus).

I bought a larger tub for my sphagnum culture to spread out and grow.

My N. x Cathy Jo has unfurled a new leaf (top center).

And when I went out to take the pictures, I noticed my capensis has caught an odd looking bug.

It looks like a mosquito, but it does not have the snout for it, and it has the feathery antennae that you find on some moths, it also looks like it has a thicker exoskeleton. Possibly a midge (I never knew such a thing existed before I got into CP's. I probably always mistook them as mosquitos)?
    Last edited by DavidA; 02-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is indeed a midge. Plants are looking good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really looking great and making me very jealous of the Florida environment. I know I wouldn't be saying that in the summer, but I do love the heat and while the humidity makes ya sweaty and sticky all the time, I would deal with it if my plants weren't constrained to a terrarium tank!

Someday I will have a greenhouse and can replicate those conditions if not better, but for now c'est la vie!

P.S. Your living sphagnum is looking great. I wonder if I could be as successful with a culture of it under lights....
    Last edited by Odysseus; 02-04-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    Odysseus
    Wife and I in the Netherlands. Sure miss living out there.

My growlist
    A list of beginner CPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David! you sphagnum looks amazing! & so do the rest of the plants Great growing!
    Your momma!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast