Thread: Epiphyte and Lithophyte CPs?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    How could you forget Nepenthes epiphytica ? Come on now man ! hahaha

http://www.cpphotofinder.com/nepenth...tica-5247.html
    Like I said, the list is long.... I just mentioned the first ones that came to mind, and epiphytica is a relatively new species... it will take a while for me to have that name come up at random...
    Also kula, the species you mentioned are the ones I spoke of above: lignicola and casabitoana. They grow on the pine trees in Cuba and nearby islands.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are a bunch of species in most, if not all these gensus' that grow as epiphytes or lithophytes. Maybe it's not their "normal" pattern of growth, but I've seen plenty of photos of nepenthes growing in/on/amongst rocks. Geoff Wong's awesome veitchii that he grew bonsai style was grow based on plants he had observed growing lithophyticly (if this is a real word, then spell check doesn't recognize it) in nature. This last summer Johnny (Cthulhu) and I saw some D. rotundifolia growing straight on the wood of a boardwalk. Some with no moss cover in between them and the wood. This obviously isn't the way they normally grow, but they were certainly happy doing so.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for posting! Carnivores are so amazing, I see a mixed rock or log planting in my future . . . I'll be sure to post photos when I do. Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12