Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: knife collectors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite clueless in this area & have probably spent more time researching methods to keep them sharp rather than what brands represent what (although those Helle's are sweet). However, someday I'd like to do a bit more study and splurge on a damascus blade - probably a small pocketknife that I can pull out & regularly admire - but may go with a decent blade for the kitchen.

Yes - I know (or suspect) that it's mostly knife-eye-candy-lust & likely laughed at by serious collectors - but it'll still feel good in my pocket ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had more crkt knifes that I realized. I use the bigger ones for my camping trips.
    In the photo are the razel ss7, ashworth turtle, sting, and kiss.

The crkt shenanigan is very sleek and tactical. Love the look of that knife. The Helles look amazing. The birch handles really stands out. Even seen Les stroud in one of the photos on their home page. I watch his shows all the time. I need to spend more time learning how to sharpen knifes. If anyone has tips I'm all ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How have i not seen this thread yet?! I love knives! Ive even made a few. All the knives mentioned are great knives jcal but you said you were looking for a nice gentlemens knife, may i suggest schrade? I have had one of their old timer series folder for going on 10 years and has never let me down and they are made just a couple miles from me lol. Ive never been a huge fan of CRKT, I do have their whole minimalist series but im not a huge fan of stainless. More of a high carbon man.

@bradaddie: i agree with you on the griptilian, hate the handle. ive been contemplating trying to make a micarta handle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @tatorger I know it drives me crazy great knife but I cannot stand the feel of plastic. And any after market scales are way too expensive for me tp justify for the price ive seen I could buy 2 more griptilians. And by the way where In ny are you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really a true collector but I've looked around a bunch and like to have a everyday carry around along with a couple others. Right now I have the CRKT N.E.C.K. satin finish. I para cord wrapped the handle myself and I find it very comfortable. It needs to be sharpened, but has also taken a beating so I may look into a replacement. I've read good things about the ESEE Izula knives, any opinions there? I prefer a fixed blade to a folding knife.

I'm also a fan of Balisongs, I used to have a few cheapos that I either gave away or broke. Right now the only one I have is a Bear and Sons stag handle, damascus blade. Unfortunately, I cracked the stag handle at one point and had to glue it back on but it looks pretty good and still functions fine. My dream balisong is a Benchmade Model 42. Even more unfortunate, they discontinued it, and I think the most recent one I saw on sale, lightly used, was around $600

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive just got a esse rat 2 or 3 seems like a great knife if you like that check out the becnhmade adamas awesome blade for around the same price as the esse and you can wrap that handle on para cord as well I love that knife the backside of the blade or spine whichever you want to call ot is serrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops sorry its the esse 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the rat I dont know what I was thinking of

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast