Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: knife collectors

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

knife collectors

I was wondering of there were any knife collectors around these fourms. I have been interested in knifes for awhile but never started collecting. Every knife I buy I use. Which is why my interest in collecting has been piqued. I was looking for a nice gentlemans knife to carry and saw a CASE texas toothpick. They seem to be very collectable I have a few of those on my wishlist already. I've alway wanted a case Hobo, but at the time they didnt make them. I guess they started making them again and now I see a snowball effect happening!

So, if you are a collector any advise to share that would be great. I'm not married to Case so if there is another good company let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benchmade. Im a big benchmade fan. They have great blades not sure what you want to spend but they are worth it in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the benchmade osborne 940 perfect size for discrete everyday carry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost started a thread a while ago, but I figured there wouldn't be too many knife enthusiasts on here. I guess I was wrong! lol. I'd always recommend Spyderco knives. I have a Spyderco Delica and a Spyderco Tenacious. Both are great knives, but the Delica is amazing as my every day carry. I started off liking benchmade a lot, and they definitely make great knifes, but Spyderco caters to my needs and asthetics a lot more. It's a great company and Sal and the people who work under him have great customer service values. I'm starting to make custom knife handles out of woods and exotic materials like mammoth bone and fossilized coral, so if you or anyone else would be interested, I can post some examples of my work once I finish a few knives.

Although they're expensive, I'd check out this guys work if you're looking for something more on the custom/expensive side of things. This is similar to the stuff that I'm trying to do, although this man is a master craftsman, and I just do this as a hobby, and don't have much experience:

http://www.cuscadi.de
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spyderco is also a great knife. I would love to see some examples of your stuff please always looking to get some custom scales on a benchmade griptillian I can't stand the the factory plastic it drives me crazy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a friend that collected Spyderco Knifes. They are great. I believe I had one in the past but can't seem to find it. I went on a knife spending spree a few years ago and bought a few knifes from crkt. Still have a small one on my keyring that I use ALL the time. Later learned that they aren't the best quality but I'm not buying for collectors. I found the ashworth turtle knife crkt made and I still love the look and feel of it. Peculiar piece of metal. I believe that why I find the HOBO interesting. It stands apart from the norm, and is purpose built.

Benchmade look like awesome knifes, but I don't think I'm that serious yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crkt is a decent knife I have a ken onion shenanigan by Crkt I love it. Not the greatest steel but its a good comfortable knife and the price is right. But like I said for a quality knife with a good steel I like benchmade but thats also my preference. Im a sucker for the made in the USA stamp. But check out the crkt shenanigan.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a nice Helle :-)

I know there are better knives in the same price range, but the artic birch, the layered steel blades, the history, the look,

http://www.helle.no/products/knives/

The only "collectable" knife I have is a "Buckmaster 184" from the 1980's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast