What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild CP's in Florida ?

I'll be in Florida from April 20th to April 25th. I'd love to check out some bogs while I'm down there and was wondering if anyone in the area would be available to show me around these places.

If you can't find a guide you can always use google maps to scout out areas that look like bogs.

That's how I find new sphagnum bogs that I have never been to before.

If you can't find a guide you can always use google maps to scout out areas that look like bogs.

That's how I find new sphagnum bogs that I have never been to before.

I'd like to find a guide due to the short amount of time I'll have down there. It's looking like I'll only have one day to devote to this venture and a lot of windshield time may be needed for me to get from where I'm staying to a decent location. I'd really like to streamline the trip as much as possible in order to eliminate time wasted on searching for locations. I'm sure you well know that even with aerial maps of a location, it can take some poking around to find the good stuff. I'm hoping someone who's familiar with an area can take me straight to CP gold. In......snap some photos.....out.

Johnny, where will you be?

I'll be staying in Palm Coast but, I'm willing to travel since most of the best spots are towards the panhandle. If there are decent spots on the East Coast, all the better. I also may take a few days and hit the Glades. I love looking for herps as much as I love looking for CP's and I've always seen some great stuff down there. Also, more orchids and bromeliads to photograph down there as well.

The places I pmed you about are very easy to find. One location has d filiformis and red leucos growing alongside the road...hundreds of them.

Back