Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Calling 2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling 2

Hey guys,

I just busted this song out yesterday and today. This is sort of my first legit venture into electronica. I'd love any feed back positive or negative.

Thanks guys.

https://soundcloud.com/pmjj/calling-2
    Last edited by Dexenthes; 02-28-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Electronica!
    Nice to see that you are working with it! I like the attempt!
    Here are some suggestions, remember, these are just suggestions. Try them out, if you like it, Cool! if not, that's cool too.

*Try a softer voice: female or your own voice in falsetto or maybe whispers. Either way, try an "airy" quality.
    *Your words are good and well chosen but try cutting back on vocals a little in 0.55 to 1.44.
    *Use sounds that are less generic (piano/clap/harpsichord) or distort them slightly to make them less familiar. I like the other more unusual sounds you are using.
    *Try this arrangement: attach 0.00-0.54 to 1.43. Then let it ride from 1.43 through 3.38. At 3.38 slip in 0.55, let it ride to 1.43 then attach to 3:40 and let it ride to the end. Hope that made sense.

You have a good start going! I hope the constructive feedback is helpful and keep working with Electronica!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem excited about electronica! Thank you for the critical feed back, it is helpful. I had a cold while recording those vocals so ultimately I am open to critique on them. I like some parts of them but I could sit there for another 2 hours straight before I get what I actually want to hear...

I am somewhat limited with the sounds that I have. This is something I would like to change. It all just takes money and time though... I like classic sounds like the piano and clap, I am not sure I will take those out ever. :P

Someday hopefully it will be a grand Piano and a room full of people clapping.

I appreciate your advice and critique thank you. I am already on to my next project! :O
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586