Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting import permits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify a few things about importing the plants after you get your permit/s. You should contact the place youre ordering before placing an order to tell them you have permits and need a phytosanitary cert. After placing your order you have to ship the seller your permit(whichis just a sticker to be placed on the package they ship iinm) before they shipyour plants. The seller should ship the package to your nearest inspection station with a label with your address in with the plants so aphis can forward them to you.

Now this is only if you order 13 plants or more. 12 or less require a phytosanitary cert only if theyre not on CITES.

I'm so anxious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PPQ621 was issued on the 14th. Still waiting on the PPQ587 as they had follow up questions that I didnt notice until today so check your aphis e account often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was approved for the PPQ587. Just waiting on paperwork and stickers to arrive now. Really simple process if you have the patience.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About 3-4 years back we timed a few at around 10-12 working days from start to getting your labels and paperwork in the mail. This was with the online ez-permits. It may take longer now with all the sequestration budget cutbacks.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason my 587 took so long is they needed more detailed info in the species area and I didnt notice it in my inbox on the e site for a week so totally my fault for the delay on that one.

Check your epermit account daily to avoid this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it cost anything to get the permit (PPQ587 I'm assuming) necessary for importing non-CITES plants?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's strange. My permits and amendments have all taken a week on average to process. You will see a notification online much sooner than anything you receive in the mail, but you're still approved.
    Truth as Circe. Error has transformed animals into men; is truth perhaps capable of changing man back into an animal?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    Does it cost anything to get the permit (PPQ587 I'm assuming) necessary for importing non-CITES plants?
    Only the CITES permit has a fee. $70 I believe, down from $90. Fees for Phytosanitary Certificates are determined by the issuing country of origin. These run from $20 to $200 USD. Some countries require a certificate for each taxon being shipped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I have another question. Can you go to a country and try to import plants from there into the US with a phytosanitary certificate if you have the right import permit, or does a permit only work for having plants shipped to you?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can bring in up to 12 plants in your baggage without a permit provided you have phytosanitary certificates issued from the country of origin. The plants will be inspected by Customs agents at the port of entry. If there are any CITES plants you will need a CITES permit. More than 12 plants require permits and phytosanitary certificates. The plants have to be shipped and inspected at the nearest Plant Plant Quarantine inspection station or you can try to make arrangements to have an inspector available when you arrive and the shipment arrive. You are responsible for arranging and paying for shipment to and from the Inspection center. If the inspectors determine the plants need treatment for pests or diseases before leaving quarantine you are responsible for the cost of any treatment. The inspectors could also destroy or have the plants returned to the country of origin. Customs will destroy any plants without phytosanitary certificates.

If you are shipping (importing) the plants from overseas all the same permits are required.

See this post for more information and download the two circulars linked at the bottom.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...5&#post1097395
    Last edited by Not a Number; 04-06-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast