Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Getting import permits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of my plants looked pretty sickly for about a month, some even 2 months after receiving them. I think anyone would be pretty pissed if they were thrown into a dark box and shipped 5,000 miles lol. Just give them a little time and they will bounce back stronger than ever.

So just called the APHIS Maryland office. Holy hell that is one fast talking prompt system. It almost sounded like the contract spiel at the end of radio commercials except you had to listen and make choices from it lol. I am reaching almost 3 weeks now on my 587 so figured I'd call and check on it.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend of mine just applied for the Small Seed Lots permit. It took 27 days for the permits to get approved and he is still waiting for the paperwork in the mail. He applied on-line. It is possible the budget cuts are affecting APHIS.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got approved for both but still waiting on decals. It took 30 days for the 587 but only a week and a half for the 621. Maybe sending them $70 is a bit more motivation? Their website is being really finicky at the moment so not sure if I have to actually request the decals or they just automatically mail you a few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They automatically sent my labels. I did request more before they sent them so id have plenty though.

Btw, I never updated this about my missing plant. Turns out it wasnt missing just overlooked. I'm from KY so I think I should get a break about missing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha good to hear. How's everything looking? BTW who did you order from? Just curious.

If they had actually forgotten a plant, I wander if you could just call the inspection station and see if you could forgo the additional phytosanitary certificate/labels. Especially if they were on the original phyto cert. That would just suck having to spend an extra $30-45 for a mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered from Cedrics Carnivores out of France. If it wouldve been his mistake I just wouldve made another order and had him send it with those.

The plants are in recovery. Hopefully I'll have something to show in the next couple weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So got my shipping labels yesterday and WTF? I thought they were at least stickers. They are just printed on normal freaking paper. I don't want to risk just scanning it in and emailing it but at least make it so there's a reason to mail them to me and me mail them to the exporter. Besides you have to tape over it just to get it to stick to the box so I don't see how they could even tell the difference. Anyway, just had to ***** to someone about this lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha...I agree. Lots of hurdles.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at three envelopes here that contained seed. All of them have little rectangular patches where the green and yellow label was carefully razored out with minimal cutting into the layer of paper underneath. If the label is merely taped on it is an simple matter to razor around the tape and look at the backside of the label. Every package I've gotten has had the label carefully removed in the same manner.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rcl What are you importing?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast