Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Getting import permits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NaN, double sided printing. I know I was griping about them earlier but these really are just printed on normal paper. Even if they were removed by a razor I don't see how one could tell the difference between what was mailed to me and what could be printed. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to waste $700 and try and forge it. Hell I am one of the biggest pro big government/liberal guys you will find, but I sincerely thought they were at least stickers the exporter had to attach to the package. It was just one of those damnit... this is what I have waited 3 weeks for after I got approved for my permits kind of moments.

Ramdacc, I pretty much just waited for the first Czech nursery to respond to get my first order. I have a few thousand that I am trying to split between them and Wistuba but don't want to do everything all at once. The biggest niche that has left to be filled/is the most viable within the US is the drosera market so focusing on that first. You can go to cascade's for pings, ************ for vft's, droseragemmae for pygmies, and most sites for sarracenia but for normal drosera, nepenthes, heliamphora, cephalotus, utricularia, etc. there literally isn't a place to go. I understand they are more difficult plants to grow and nepenthes especially take years to grow but seriously, why do we have to import these things just to get them?

This first order from labflytrap/carnivorousplantsshop.eu is 2x all 13 petiolaris complex species, 1x D. ascendens, felix, kaieteurensis, meristocaulis, roraimae, villosa, and tomentosa var. glabrata for South America, and D. glabripes, hilaris, longiscapa, pauciflora, regia, rubriflora, slackii, & trinervia for Africa. 2x Heliamphora heterodoxa, minor, nutans. Finally doing a 50x order of both D. kenneallyi & typical Cephalotus. Don't worry I plan on doing a week long kenneallyi giveaway and a week long ceph giveaway once I get them and think they are viable to ship. I figured do a different competition each night like pick a number, what shot should I take tonight, post a cool pic of x, etc. The whole point of me importing this stuff was my frustration of not being able to get it so want to have a little fun.

As it stands CPS.eu is waiting for my decals so I can adjust the order if you want something too. I have lists made out for CZ, Best, and Wistuba but got to see how much I can expand without taking up a huge amount of real estate within the house. Basically trying to find a happy median between growing as much as possible and an eventual apartment in DC. I only wish those two goals were one in the same lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice orders rcl!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's also a simple matter to simply look at the label and see if it was printed with green ink or yellow and cyan dots that come out of color laser or ink jet printer. And for all we know they could be using the same magnetic ink that is used in printing checks.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you interested in importing plants, please note that as of May 2014, the USDA now requires a "nematode declaration" to be included with any phytosanitary documentation. This will likely not be noted on your permits, so you must inform the exporter.
    Truth as Circe. Error has transformed animals into men; is truth perhaps capable of changing man back into an animal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. I will send an email to Michal to double check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mato!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Called the NYC inspection station to confirm. Here are the countries affected. Seems like it is the majority of countries we import from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems APHIS is moving further in the right direction by not only emailing shipping labels as .pdf files, but also new permits. This should cut down considerably on time and costs associated with imports.
    Truth as Circe. Error has transformed animals into men; is truth perhaps capable of changing man back into an animal?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the notice in email today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little late but just now seeing your guys' post. How do you open the labels as a PDF? Do I need to request new ones?

Also if it really is true maybe my light-hearted/sarcastic email actually made a difference lol.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast