Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Radagast's Photo Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!!

I just got my new 4bulb t-5 HO grow light fixture in the mail. I'll take a pic once the rack is getting put together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well folks I've got my grow rack semi put together. I'll post pics of the materials I used and then a pic of the completed rack. So far the temp is standing at a solid 79 degrees Fahrenheit. Unfortunately I can tell humidity will likely be a problem. With gentle misting and barely any plant life and water it hovers around 40-56%. I'm sure that will change once we turn off our heat and open our windows as the weather improves. If not then I'll likely need to explore a humidifier setup with tubing (ugh...just seems like a hassle.). I also put a piece of thin clear plastic (feels like Saran Wrap) over the front to try and hold in some humidity.

Any suggestions??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. You could probably put some cape and rosetted sundews in there if you give them some misting. Probably some intermediate Nepenthes to. I'm jealous! If your interested I have a rooted Nepenthes x miranda cutting .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: the humidity dropped to 27 but the temp seemed to plateau at 82 by the time the lights auto shut off. Looks like I may need a small humidifier after all. Oh well, I'll get all the bugs worked out...pun very much intended.

Thank you Charlie! Once I get the conditions just right I may take you up on that.

Rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks,

Just an update on the grow rack- not much has changed. I temporarily moved my Nepenthes x ventrata to the shelf on the grow rack...However it is far too large and won't be the permanent home for it. I found an ultrasonic humidifier that I'm going to try so I can keep the N. x ventrata in a western window (I only have access to a northern and western window), but maintain good humidity. That will leave me with plenty of room on my small 3-foot wide grow rack. I also plan to wrap more mylar bubble wrap down the rest of the 3 sides of the grow rack...All-in-all it's a work in progress!!!

I also just ordered some carnivorous plants and will be expecting them in the middle of next week! The species I ordered are:

Drosera capensis, broad leaf
    Drosera scorpioides
    Drosera spatulata
    Pinguicula 'Gina'

I guess I have a thing for Drosera right now.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-18-2014 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i also used that reflective material for my grow rack, and also put it on all sides like that and it made it really hot. now i am not familiar with t5 lights but my 4 foot t8 the setup with the sides covered in that material made in in the low 90s and i know thats too hot for neps especially with low humidity. I'm sure though experimentation you will find a good temp rang with your setup but i stopped growing sundews and flytraps in my grow rack because it got too hot in there now i grow petiolaris sundews in my setup and it works fine.
    PS. you will probably will need a humidifier for your rack.

i saw this vid and i used it as inspiration for my setup. i think you would find it useful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=IuhFfoBy6Aw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice! I have seen that guy's videos before and he was also part of the motivation to make a grow rack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update on the grow rack:

I took the Mylar bubble wrap off and put it on an easier way that wraps around all 3 sides instead of in small panels. Keeps in more light and humidity. I also wrapped it around the lower shelf to give me more growing room. The bottom shelf I'm using for storage right now. It's not in the picture but I've placed a small diffuser meant for essential oils into the grow rack for now, filled with distilled water and it keeps the humidity around 50%. I still plan to get a more powerful humidifier that I can modify with a bit of tubing to feed into the rack. I also am trying to start reviving sphagnum moss from the dried form. I found some interesting guides online. Anyways here it is!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast