Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Radagast's Photo Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my grow rack as of 9/15/2014. I plan to re-create it with a larger shelf once I'm able; one with more shelves to accommodate a growing collection. My plan is to have 1 shelf dedicated to Nepenthes, another shelf dedicated to Drosera, Pings, Utrics (basically miscellaneous, depends on which genus and species I'm into at the time haha). Then I'd like to have a shelf for misc tropical non-carnivorous plants. Finally I'd like to have 1 or 2 shelves for propagation, cuttings, seeds, etc.

You can see the list of all the plants on the first rack by clicking my grow list link. On the 2nd shelf you will find from left to right: pothos cuttings, wife's orchids that I'm trying to save, jade plant, sphagnum moss culture, irish moss, tillandsias scattered about all over, and 2 cups of assorted moss and 1 cup of lichen (Reindeer moss).

Grow Rack 9/15/2014 by RadagastCP, on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks: Today I attended the NECPS's Carnivorous Plant Show at the Roger Williams Botanical Garden in Providence Rhode Island. Here are the 4 plants I've added to my collection. Enjoy,

Myrmecodia tuberosa - Thanks Dave! by RadagastCP, on Flickr
    Nepenthes burkei x hamata by RadagastCP, on Flickr
    Nepenthes eymae x trusmadiensis by RadagastCP, on Flickr
    Pinguicula esseriana - Thanks Johnny! by RadagastCP, on Flickr

P.S. This morning as I was sipping my coffee and preparing for the ride to Rhode Island, I noticed my Drosera aliciae decided to open one of its flowers!
    Drosera aliciae by RadagastCP, on Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, you have made a ton of garden progress throughout this thread. Very cool. Glad to hear that you aren't fussing with humidifiers anymore as well. I'm jealous of your 2 recent Nepenthes scores.
    Last edited by Randoja; 10-09-2014 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate the compliment!

I anticipate they'll go through a bit of a tough patch as they adapt to their new growing environment but I'm hopeful I'll be able to keep those 2 alive haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick update: I've got a brand new grow rack setup. A couple of weeks ago Lowes had a great sale on adjustable wire rack shelving. My new shelf is 4ft long, 18inches deep, and 6 ft tall. A total of 5 shelves. I then went ahead and ordered the correct amount of Panda Film to help reflect as much of the light onto the plants as possible. On 2 shelves I also was able to find white drip trays. My next goal is to replace some of the fluorescent lights. I currently have 1 4ft 2-bulb T-5 HO fixture, 1 2ft 4-bulb T-5 HO, and 1 4ft 2-bulb T-8. Ultimately I'd like each shelf to have 4ft 2 or 4bulb T-5HO. In my previous pics it seemed like I had a decent collection until I organized them into the new grow rack...Now it feels TINY! haha. I use the bottom shelf for non-carnivorous plants, starting bulbs, etc. You'll also see air plants hanging on the rack w/ the use of thin floral wire. I just set it up this evening so I don't have any stats or plant-specific progress pics to share. Still needs some fine tuning and better lighting but all-in-all I'm very pleased with it. Enjoy!

Grow Rack 12/17/14 by RadagastCP, on Flickr

Grow Rack 12/17/14 by RadagastCP, on Flickr

I leave the smaller light off...Only had it turned on to show them all lit up. I will eventually use the VERY top shelf above the 2ft fixture for starting seeds d/t closer proximity to the light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome setup!!! Kinda looks like my metal shelves lol....but less rusty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha thanks! I took a look at your stuff, looks killer! It's great to see another fan of grow racks. I'm eager to see how your collection develops as you return to the hobby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your moss certainly has the appearance of newly sprouted spores of Sphagnum, they will expand as they mature. I've generated Sphagnum, this way, especially with dried New Zealand Sphagnum, countless times.

Your Drosera burmannii seedlings look like they could use a meal or two.

I thought I'd also mention that N. ventrata is not an accepted name, either botanically or horticulturally, either with or without the "x". It was never validly published see - N. ventrata.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast