Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest panhandler

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honest panhandler

On Sunday I was driving about in an area called Balcones Heights. Normally I avoid it like the plague, as they have red light cameras, but I was in a safe part, passing through. By a bus stop I see a fellow
    with a sign (someone in the know said it is called "flying a sign") that said, "Why Lie?" "I Want A Beer." I slowly pull up to the light, and look in my rearview mirror. A car some distance behind me pulled over to the curb and handed a guy their last beer, or at least it looked that way, it had a plastic ring thingie attached to it. Last I saw he was off to enjoy his ill gotten booty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite was the guy in Harvard Square in Cambridge that used to hold up a sign that said "Ninjas killed my family. Need money for kung-fu lessons." Or even better, the guy I used to see in the China Town/South Station area who's sign said "Give me a dollar or a crazy homeless man will kill you.".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are great. Our town had for a long time " the aliens wont take me unless i have gas money"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend and I joke about the ones that have not been made yet. Example, "Please help, Civil War Veteran."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw one in Vegas that said "Please donate to marijuana research"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used to have a panhandler who staked out the sidewalk outside of a store I worked in. He sat there all day with his crutches and would tell anyone who asked about how he was crippled in Vietnam. One day when he reported for "duty" there was another panhandler there already. He charged the "trespasser" like a mad bull, swinging his crutches like windmills.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A middle school friend who was an artist once did a project where he paid homeless folks for their signs, and then used them in a montage. During that or a similar venture he was stabbed, reasons unknown. He has since perished, the circumstances are unclear. Sometimes at exhibitions he would hand out beer and cigarettes. He did a ceramic piece about a friend who supposedly was pulled over and got a DWI for having consumed at or somewhere near a case of beer. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...66330100,d.aWw in under 8 hours.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast