Several years ago, I had a severe infestation of some species of earthworm. I had never had this problem before and I guess they arrived with some trade plants. Anyway, I noticed a layer of worm castings on all of my pots and coming out the drain holes. Earthworms were visible under the pots. All of my VFTs began to decline and die (probably from the increased nutrients in the worm castings). The Sarracenia did not seem to be affected. I needed to do something.
I read that some suggested using an imidacloprid/cyfluthrin mix. This is the active ingredient in Bayer Advanced concentrate.
So, I decided to experiment
Experiment #1: I put a few worms in a dish and added diluted (1 tbs/gal) Bayer Advanced concentrate. In about 15 min all worms were
Experiment #2: I top drenched a few pots of VFTs, D. capensis, and S. minor with diluted Bayer Advanced until it ran out the bottom holes. The next day I checked for live worms. There were a few still alive. I watched the plants for the next 2 weeks and noticed no adverse effect on the plants. I then drenched all of my pots.
It is now several years later and I occasionally get a few worms in the pots, so I drench those pots once a year. These treatments have not damaged any of my CPs.
This species/genus of earthworm was not good for my plants and I needed to get them under control. Other types of earthworm might be benign.