Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so stupid... (Water TDS)

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so stupid... (Water TDS)

So I've been buying 2.5 gallon jugs of distilled water from the grocery store for the past 2 years, weekly spending $10 or so... So it's likely I've spent close to $1000 on water, and I've gotten to a point where I can't even buy enough water to water all my plants weekly. Can't fit enough jugs in the cart.

So I was looking up water test readings for my city because I wanted to keep these special fish that like hard water, and I noticed my city's water reads consistently between 30-80 TDS ever year.

So basically I've been wasting money on water when I could just use the hose... Right?

QUESTION: Just wanna double-check that this IS safe for Nepenthes. Also, will a hose/pipes change this water reading? Or is it safe?
    Last edited by Nepenthesis; 05-21-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about Neps, but what fish? I just got something you might be interested in. Have to get them breeding first, but not likely to be a problem. Endlers with a proven lineage back to Dr. Endler's original collection at Laguna de los Patos. These fish have never even seen a Guppy or any other strain of Endlers let alone made babies with them!
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    Don't know about Neps, but what fish? I just got something you might be interested in. Have to get them breeding first, but not likely to be a problem. Endlers with a proven lineage back to Dr. Endler's original collection at Laguna de los Patos. These fish have never even seen a Guppy or any other strain of Endlers let alone made babies with them!
    Nothobranchius... No specific species. Just whatever is on aquabid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Notho that likes hard water? Are you sure? Only worked with rachovii Beira 98, but all the annual Killies I'm familiar with like it soft.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You caught my interest

That is cool.

And to keep it on topic and RO unit will save you money, it doesn't have to be a fancy one. I've seen some around $100 that will do the job just fine and save you a lot of money in the long run.
    Last edited by Axelrod12; 05-21-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This weekend they get a 75 to themselves so.................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This weekend they get a 75 to themselves so.................
    Sounds like a good time for a group of endlers lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so I just went outside and watered everything living in the greenhouse with hose water. We'll see what happens. I'll go get a ton of distilled to flush the pots later. I even watered the Sphagnum because it was almost bone dry... Comes back though.

A Notho that likes hard water? Are you sure? Only worked with rachovii Beira 98, but all the annual Killies I'm familiar with like it soft.
    Is rachovii Beira 98 hard to keep?I heard they're difficult. Do you keep salt in your tanks? Ever had issues with velvet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast