Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Photo Thread of My Collective

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your mystery frog is a species of leopard frog, but I'm not too great with amphibians just yet...
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats great i really hope u get yr nursery license im sure you will you have such great stuff to sgare with other collecters i think youd enjoy meeting other cp growers and helping them expand to half as many beatiful plants as u have . Let us kno how that goes good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo Thread of My Collective

Oops. Great looking plants. Love those colors
    Last edited by BPB; 08-28-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a whole lot going on at home since the season is so early, but a few things appeared eye-catching enough the other day to merit an update here.

D. filiformis "Florida Red," collected from Washington Co., FL by ABG

D. filiformis "Florida Red," ICPS origin

"Florida Red" potted up for some sales this spring

D. tracyi mother plants for propagation

D. hookeri

Drosophyllum, growing in a custom mix called the "overcomplicated mix", containing bark, LFS, treefern, perlite, sand, permatill, and nutrients.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, we've got a stellar clone of S. flava var. cuprea (Old Dock, Columbus Co., NC), from the same batch I have for sale in my catalog. This one's up earlier, larger, and is certainly a winner in my book.

S. flava rugelii, Santa Rosa Co., FL

S. x umlauftiana (Thanks Paul!)

One of my best clones from the oreophila "Sand Mt. Clone 4" x leucophylla (Splinter Hill Bog Preserve, Baldwin Co., AL) cross I made. Many of the seedlings are showing intense whites and red veins. This clone is the first open, largest, and most intensely patterned of them all.

'Blood Moon' (again, thank you Paul!)

Part of my mitchelliana batch, purp ssp purp x leucophylla (Splinter Hill Bog Preserve mother plant, Baldwin Co., AL)

A monstrously beautiful plant by the Sarracenia master, Phil Faulisi. I present to y'all.... "Purple Sparks"!!!
    Tall, shapely, opens cherry-wine colored and darkens to a deep wine-purple.

Phil is the master of moorei. Such intense color, it almost looks like this plant is bleeding when it starts dripping nectar.

And perhaps the reason for its namesake (yours truly suggested the winning name! So proud!), the lid. Streaks of cracking purple lightning speed across in a neural network of awesome venation.

This monster really pops against a dark background!

The nursery is blowing up with blooms. I'm hoping to produce between 100-150 crosses' worth of plants this year. Already a third of the way there.
    Last edited by theplantman; 04-20-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best sarracenia collection that I've ever seen on the forum or anywhere for that matter. How many sarracenia do you have?
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly have lost count--at least 250 taxa, and within a taxon (i.e. the progeny of one cross) I might have several hundred actual individuals. And at the end of the day, my answer to the above question will always be "not enough."

So without further ado, I present the next installment of "what Kevin the Plant Man does in his free time."

Let's start with my favorite cuprea clone of all time:

veined green lid x flava Black-veined Green Swamp, NC

flava var. maxima, Berkeley Co., SC, from wild-collected seed with research permit

flava var. cuprea, Old Dock, Columbus Co., NC. A neat feature of these guys is the little squiggly "pigtail" tips of the pitchers. Only a couple have them and will be reserved for future breeding.

Some of the batch is spectacularly colored and shaped, but otherwise normal.

S. alata, Abita Creek Flatwoods Preserve, St. Tammany Parish, LA

flava var. atropurpurea

'Adrian Slack'--great thanks to the sender!

the phenomenal lid of 'Reptilian Rose'

From a medium-sized division, this plant became this specimen over the course of one year. It is powerfully vigorous... a truly monstrous grower.

Sarracenia 'Purple Sparks', another of what will become the pantheon of Phil Faulisi's great plants.
    http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...psbxpx0c4u.jpg
    Afternoon shot of the nursery

More of the operation

A Paul Barden hybrid. (leuco x oreo) x 'Leah Wilkerson'

another Paul Barden hybrid, the spitting image of 'Legacy'. It's also a (leuco x oreo) x 'Leah Wilkerson'

a cute oreo x minor hybrid, my cross. Very pale yellow color overall that really highlights the red venation on the hood and blood-red mouth

oreophila "Sand Mountain Clone 4" x leucophylla mother plant, from permitted wild-collected seed, Splinter Hill Bog Preserve, Baldwin Co., AL. I am making some spec-tacular selections from this cross. These are just some of the sale plants, which already look great.

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good grief! How do you keep track of them?
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234