Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Photo Thread of My Collective

Athens, GA
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly have lost count--at least 250 taxa, and within a taxon (i.e. the progeny of one cross) I might have several hundred actual individuals. And at the end of the day, my answer to the above question will always be "not enough."

So without further ado, I present the next installment of "what Kevin the Plant Man does in his free time."

Let's start with my favorite cuprea clone of all time:

veined green lid x flava Black-veined Green Swamp, NC

flava var. maxima, Berkeley Co., SC, from wild-collected seed with research permit

flava var. cuprea, Old Dock, Columbus Co., NC. A neat feature of these guys is the little squiggly "pigtail" tips of the pitchers. Only a couple have them and will be reserved for future breeding.

Some of the batch is spectacularly colored and shaped, but otherwise normal.

S. alata, Abita Creek Flatwoods Preserve, St. Tammany Parish, LA

flava var. atropurpurea

'Adrian Slack'--great thanks to the sender!

the phenomenal lid of 'Reptilian Rose'

From a medium-sized division, this plant became this specimen over the course of one year. It is powerfully vigorous... a truly monstrous grower.

Sarracenia 'Purple Sparks', another of what will become the pantheon of Phil Faulisi's great plants.
    Afternoon shot of the nursery

More of the operation

A Paul Barden hybrid. (leuco x oreo) x 'Leah Wilkerson'

another Paul Barden hybrid, the spitting image of 'Legacy'. It's also a (leuco x oreo) x 'Leah Wilkerson'

a cute oreo x minor hybrid, my cross. Very pale yellow color overall that really highlights the red venation on the hood and blood-red mouth

oreophila "Sand Mountain Clone 4" x leucophylla mother plant, from permitted wild-collected seed, Splinter Hill Bog Preserve, Baldwin Co., AL. I am making some spec-tacular selections from this cross. These are just some of the sale plants, which already look great.

Greetings from the netherworld. curtisconners's Avatar
    Columbus Ohio, U.S.
    7 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Good grief! How do you keep track of them?
    The profile pic that you see above is my actual photo. I am a hyper-intelligent snake that has learned to use the internet and I will eventually rule you all.

Just kidding..... Or am I?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234