What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia trouble

Hey everybody,
I'm having trouble with my sarracenia; my drosera and vft are thriving in the same exact spot and conditions; however, my sarracenia seems to be wilting. Is it in too small of a pot perhaps? Any thoughts that could help me out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

IMG_6035.jpeg

What conditions are you growing it in? Sarracenia like to have full sun and low-mineral water. They also need to be kept wet.

I think if minerals in the water were the issue the Drosera would feel it first.

Your photo isnt showing up..

1. What is the media?
2. What kind of water are you using?

Scot

Last edited:
Yeah we need more info. Where are they growing (part of the country and indoors or outdoors)? How often are they getting watered? How are they getting watered? What's the lighting situation? All that stuff plus what scotty requested would definitely be helpful to know.

Hey guys, sorry I can only access this via mobile and im having trouble uploading a pic. I utilize distilled-reverse osmosis water wit absolutely no minerals. Im in chicago; however temps have been around 70-85 degrees and it gets about 5-7 hours of direct sunlight a day. It's constantly wet as i utilize a plastic tray method with about an inch of standing water. It's turning brown at the tips of the pitchers and beginning to droop. It's a scarlet belle sarracenia

Hey everybody,
I'm having trouble with my sarracenia; my drosera and vft are thriving in the same exact spot and conditions; however, my sarracenia seems to be wilting. Is it in too small of a pot perhaps? Any thoughts that could help me out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

IMG_6035.jpeg

Have you checked for pests? Mealybugs can cause some droopiness that looks similar to dehydration in my experience.

Wilted Sarrs in an otherwise healthy environment always means root rot to me.

Back