What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of making a day-trip into Eastern Virginia, anyone interested?

Zath

Enthusiastic Enthusiast
Thinking of making a day-trip into Central Virginia, anyone interested?

Just found out about a huge CP nursery in northeast VA called Botanique. Kind of a silly name, but they obviously know what they're doing. The main page shows an employee man-handling a 3-foot long mass of Sarracenia. They also advocate outdoor growing whenever possible, and all of their Sarrs at least are planted out-of-doors, which is kind of cool.

They're mostly wholesalers, but they allow people to make appointments to tour the nursery. I'm thinking about making a day-trip there in a couple months, and thought I'd extend the invitation to anyone close-by. It'd be cool to have a small group meet up and spend the afternoon there.

I don't have a specific date in mind, so if there are others that would like to come, we can work it out.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Wow. That place wasn't even on my radar. Seems like they have a crapton of plants though! No doubt you'll have a killer time there.

I live in VA and this place is three hours SW of me, so I got confused when you said it was in the East. Closer to Central, perhaps. Looks like a great place for sarr people. If they had more in the way of nepenthes I might go. Honestly, if you can go to one place in VA for sarrs, you should go to Meadowview. But this place looks like a close second.

I live in VA and this place is three hours SW of me, so I got confused when you said it was in the East. Closer to Central, perhaps. Looks like a great place for sarr people. If they had more in the way of nepenthes I might go. Honestly, if you can go to one place in VA for sarrs, you should go to Meadowview. But this place looks like a close second.

Sorry, I should've double-checked the map. It's about 4 1/2 hrs. northeast of me, which is why I said that, lmao.

Back