Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: eBay seller stealing our photos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the things that really bothers me about this seller is the conspicuously intentional deception being perpetrated on items like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fresh-Rare-C...item258f921585

I can guarantee you, nobody who grows these seeds will end up with a result that looks anything even close to the photo, (unless the purchase includes a copy of Photoshop and instructions) since that color - or anything close to it - exists in the genus Rosa. Selling seeds under such pretenses is corrupt and immoral. The fact that eBay makes no effort to police such offerings casts a shadow over the entire marketplace, in my estimation.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not just that seller. I have had a picture of my Utricularia taken and used as the third photo here: . http://www.ebay.com/itm/Utricularia-...item3390871eb3. This kind of thing can happen anytime.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see the seller that Paul linked to is using the picture of Drosera rotundifolia 'Charles Darwin' that was published in the ICPS Carnivorous Plant Newsletter.

I will PM BobZ and let him know.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Them black roses are silk LOL look at 'em. I also love the maple "Bonsai" seeds LOLOL do they grow stunted right out of the package? Sadly none of my pics are even good enough to be stolen except for a few that popped up on the CP Photo Finder which I will gladly share with a noble cause and appreciate!
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
    Them black roses are silk LOL look at 'em. I also love the maple "Bonsai" seeds LOLOL do they grow stunted right out of the package? Sadly none of my pics are even good enough to be stolen except for a few that popped up on the CP Photo Finder which I will gladly share with a noble cause and appreciate!
    It is important to realize that CP Photofinder only catalogs existing images and points to their location on the web. It does not take copies and archive them on its own server. That is an important distinction and in no way should it be regarded as misappropriation of any sort.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 06-20-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue roses do not exist, period.
    and even if they did (which they dont) they would be a very rare cultivar and wouldn't grow true from seed.
    also, they dont exist.

Scot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the listing says they are selling blue roses why would they lie about it? I mean look they even have a pic of a real blue rose! That black rose is cool too, must be a lot selective breeding to get those black leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus its on the internet so its gotta be true.
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast