Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: best size for shipping?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best size for shipping?

I'm wanting to do a giveaway in the near future for some extra D. natalensis & P. esseriana (light pink) that I have. Problem is, I'm not sure how large I should let these guys grow before offering them. A couple of the largest D. natalensis are 1/2". Am I correct that it would be best to wait until they have a couple more leaves before shipping these? The P. esseriana are still really tiny, but growing rapidly. The largest plant in the pot (that the leaf pullings are from) is now 3/4", so how big should the tiny guys get before I uproot & ship them? Or is it best with both these to wait until the giveaways are full grown? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I wanted to attach pics, but I don't have permission for that. I checked the FAQ and didn't see anything about a minimum number of posts required. What are the guidelines for being able to send attachments?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone can post photos here. You first have upload your photos to a hosting site such as photobucket or flikr then paste the appropriate link in your post.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add photos as an attachment you need to be a "green" (paid) member. Otherwise you can host your photos in a variety of options and embed links.

See:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...e-to-host-them

You should want until the plantlets have roots. If seedlings wait until they have had at least two sets of trap leaves.
    Last edited by Not a Number; 06-23-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much! And even though you've already answered my questions I'm going to post the photos anyway. I'll give all of these guys a bit more time to grow.

P. esseriana

D. natalensis

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've shipped some pings including P. esseriana in trades/giveaways that look like they were probably about the size of the ones in your pic. To my knowledge they shipped and transitioned just fine.