User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 47

Thread: Axelrod's photo thread

  1. #9
    Axelrod12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Think there might be a mislabel then. Hybrids with rubra have very notably defined areoles from my experience, while alata has a tendency to spread the white color across the pitcher like in yours. That, and the darker veins that run through it are a dead ringer for the x areolata clone I have. Once it flowers though, you'll be able to tell for sure.
    I guess I'll check back when it flowers. Maybe this upcoming season.

  2. #10
    Axelrod12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a new rack set up. I just finished hooking the lights I have so far up. They ended up closer to the plants than I really wanted so I think next time around I will toss a shelf and spread them out more. I may even attempt to adjust this one at some point down the line but it should be ok for now.



    heres a 10g terrarium I keep some stuff in that seem to appreciate the higher humidity.


    Mostly pygmy gemmae here, a few sarr seedlings that will be moved to a different tray soon.


    And a few plants
    Brocchinia reducta:


    The pings are starting to color back up being under good lighting now.
    P. sp. ANPA D

    P. ehlersiae

  3. #11
    Jake Tower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Panhandle, Texas
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Thanks for sharing!
    Tower//Jake
    "Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling."
    http://www.thecpforum.com <--- My site

  4. #12
    NECPS Editor Radagast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great lookin' grow rack. Everything is going to love it. I really like your pings. Were those the ones you got at the NECPS meeting?

  5. #13
    Axelrod12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radagast View Post
    Great lookin' grow rack. Everything is going to love it. I really like your pings. Were those the ones you got at the NECPS meeting?
    Nope I picked up a few different ones from Johnny at the show. These I got after the show.

  6. #14
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelrod12 View Post
    S. 'Mardis Gras' put out one pitcher for me this season that wasn't completely wonky. Well the cultivar is kinda wonky to start, so I guess one pitcher that grew the way its supposed to:
    Do you have any pictures of your S. 'Mardi Gras' besides the one pitcher you have posted? You mention that it is generally "wonky" looking, so I'm curious to see how the general description fits the general growing patterns. The only pictures you ever see of N. 'Mardi Gras' is pictures like those, and it is very unique. Just wondering about the rest of the time!

    Thanks for sharing!

    xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 01-08-2015 at 07:16 PM.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  7. #15
    Axelrod12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Do you have any pictures of your S. 'Mardi Gras' besides the one pitcher you have posted? You mention that it is generally "wonky" looking, so I'm curious to see how the general description fits the general growing patterns. The only pictures you ever see of N. 'Mardi Gras' is pictures like those, and it is very unique. Just wondering about the rest of the time!

    Thanks for sharing!

    xvart.
    I don't at the moment, I can take some this upcoming season though if you're still interested then. I got this particular plant from Andrew towards the end of dormancy last year so it could also have been settling in still and throwing up those weird pitchers. This year should be a better judge either way.

  8. #16
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelrod12 View Post
    I don't at the moment, I can take some this upcoming season though if you're still interested then. I got this particular plant from Andrew towards the end of dormancy last year so it could also have been settling in still and throwing up those weird pitchers. This year should be a better judge either way.
    Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

    xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •