What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Axelrod's photo thread

D. capensis:

D. capensis "red":

D. capensis var. alba:

S. x moorei:

S. 'Bugbat':

S. flava var. atropurpurea lid and S. flava var. flava lid with bug:

S. 'Adrian Slack':

S. leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White':

S. catesbaei "red":

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea - NJ Pine Barrens

Last edited:
P. sp. "Lautner 92/52":

S. catesbaei x alata: gotta double check this one

S. oreophila x leucophylla

Either S. x farnhamii or S. x stephensii, trying to sort that out:

S. minor "okee" x psittacina

S. x catesbaei "red"

S. minor:

S. minor "okee giant":

S. leucophylla 'Hurricane Creek White'

S. alata "maroon throat"

Pink Rain Lily?:

Yellow Zephyr Lily?:

Last edited:
Wow gorgeous photos. What kind of camera are you using?

Canon 50D, typically with an 18-55mm lens, although I get to try some different ones sometimes when my brother lets me borrow them. I think he may have gotten a macro lens recently, been itching to test one out, I haven't gotten to since before I grew CPs.

I liked this late season Proboscidea parviflora var. hohokamiana flower, much more of an orange hue than the earlier pink ones:

P. moranensis x ehlersiae:

P. agnata "true blue":

And I guess I can kinda grow Nepenthes, N. maxima:

Cool N. maxima; from what I can tell by the size of the leaves & pitchers, I'll bet that thing is huge and unruly! Great flowers too.

I got it as a pretty large rooted cutting back in January at the NECPS Nep cutting meeting. It's a pretty large Nep though and has put on some growth since, but I keep it in the front corner of the rack and let it grow up a shelf. Saves me the space that I don't have. That's the first pitcher, it's pushing out two more right now.

Back