S. leucophylla Hurricane Creek, AL

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea
    newer pitcher:

older pitcher thinking about a snack:

S. Dixie Lace:

S. Mardi Gras:

S. alata x minor:

cypripedium parviflorum:
    Last edited by Axelrod12; 11-13-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I didn't post any updates like I hoped through the season but I'm gonna work on that. So for now here's a few shots of my collection pretty much as it stands right now. The potted Sarrs look like they may be going in the garage for good at the end of the week. I've had them in and out a bit for about 2 weeks now but we're supposed to get some snow and colder temps soon. I'll see if I can find some picture worthy ones before then.

The bog:

Here's a set of shelves that we recently cleared off. Took me about 2 hours before I started adding lights to them and this is where I'm at a few weeks later. Needs more plants in my opinion but I've got some pygmy gemmae and pings on the way soon that should take care of that nicely.

A bunch of stuff. Let's see, I spy a terrarium, 2 propagation trays, 2 bins with aquatic plants growing emersed, etc.

And this I just threw together the other day, false bottom with some circulation from a small powerhead underneath. Plants right now are just a few tiny pings and dews from pullings, gonna see how they do before I get crazy with it. Mostly just hoping that moss comes back first, I've got next to no live sphag and I'm trying to change that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some late season Sarr shots, maybe a few more to come before the end of the week.

S. 'Mardis Gras' put out one pitcher for me this season that wasn't completely wonky. Well the cultivar is kinda wonky to start, so I guess one pitcher that grew the way its supposed to:

I think this one is S. leuco x rubra, will double check tomorrow:

And this one I definitely need to double check but if my memory is working right it's S. (leuco x alata) x leuco:

S. leucophylla red and a S. leucophylla, and a stick? Honestly didn't see that while taking the pic:

S. purpurea that I got at the NECPS show, I think he said it was from the NJ Pine Barrens, I like that those new pitchers are coming up just as red as the old ones were, hopefully it keeps that coloring into full maturity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the way Mardi Gras is supposed to look like? Your plants look great btw!

For the love of Science! Dragoness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, those purps are especially eye-catching!
    Jen- My Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...00#post1154900
    "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
    -Bradley Miller-

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your "leuco x rubra" is x areolata, it looks very similar to mine. Plants look nice though
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFLguy View Post
    Is that the way Mardi Gras is supposed to look like? Your plants look great btw!
    As far as I know yes, I see some similar pictures on cpphotofinder, some also look a bit different though.

Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    I think your "leuco x rubra" is x areolata, it looks very similar to mine. Plants look nice though
    I double checked the tag on it. It says leuco x rubra and the vendor I got that specific plant from is reliable from what I understand.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think there might be a mislabel then. Hybrids with rubra have very notably defined areoles from my experience, while alata has a tendency to spread the white color across the pitcher like in yours. That, and the darker veins that run through it are a dead ringer for the x areolata clone I have. Once it flowers though, you'll be able to tell for sure.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast