Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot, Sarracenias in Cobra Lilly Boxes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home Depot, Sarracenias in Cobra Lilly Boxes

I was at Home Depot and saw some thin plastic boxes that say Cobra Lilly Carnivorous Plant on them, so I checked them out, every one of them had a Sarracenia in it, looked like S. leucophylla , I dont know if it was mistake, or if the nursery, doesnt know any better, or if they ran out of sarracenia boxes and just though eeh nobody will notice, the name of the nursery on the boxes is Altman plants in Vista, Ca.

anybody ever heard of these guys before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but a quick google search shows that they don't really specialize in CPs. Mostly succulents. The only CP I could find on their page was a VFT. They probably misidentified the sarrs or thought they were the same as cobra lilly plants. But who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwest View Post
    No but a quick google search shows that they don't really specialize in CPs. Mostly succulents. The only CP I could find on their page was a VFT. They probably misidentified the sarrs or thought they were the same as cobra lilly plants. But who knows.
    Or they think (rightly, most of the time) that nobody cares or will notice.

If they're the same boxes I see, they always have pictures of Cobra-Lilies on them, but they're always S. Purpurea. The exact same boxes house VFT's as well.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go to the store all the time and see random cp's in flimsy boxes, that are in moderate need of help.
    Generally, the only thing ive found that they DO label right is the flytraps. Other than that, its usually
    incompetent monkeys just throwing them in the box, species mislabeled trying to make a buck or two.

I however bought this small flytrap to see how well I could do with this species again. It looks like its tried to bloom twice, but they clipped it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, orlenz what home depot did you find the "Cobra lily" sarr thingy here in riverside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the one on Madison and Indiana, they were inside by the garden dept with the houseplants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they had someflytraps, and d. capensis too they call those octopus plants, once in a while if you get there early you can find nepenthes in hanging pots usually N. Miranda and N. ventrada, just the common stuff

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These companies that sell in bulk to garden shops just have a few generic packaging that they use. I've bought Sarracenia minor labeled as "Purple Pitcher Plant".

See this related thread:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...owes-CP-ID%27s
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast