What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're addicted to CPs when you...

Bio

Plant Whisperer
First off, my apologies if a thread like this has already been created. I did look first. :p

Anyway,

You know you're addicted to carnivorous plants when you:

Are walking through Lowe's/Home Depot and get distracted looking at lights and fixtures under the impression that one can always improve one's lighting. :rolleyes:

That's all I have for now.

refresh the browser on vendors site ever other hour, everyday, to see if there is a new update......

Are willing to build an eyesore of a fence in your backyard to protect your bog from pesky wildlife.

When your cat pees and the scent reminds you of S. flava....

When your cat pees and the scent reminds you of S. flava....

That is news to me, but then, I don't have S. flava in my collection.

... You're more concerned about a sick Sarracenia than certain members of your immediate family.

... You have been willing to lose sleep the night before a job interview to try and snipe an auction for a rare plant.

... You have taken into consideration your plant's needs in choosing housing.

Whenever you go to a home improvement store you have to look in the garden center to see if they have any carnivorous plants for sale even if you don't intend on buying. Just need to see.

You've fantasized about having a giant greenhouse with different climates so you can have the ultimate collection.

I would add something, but most of you already said what I do.

...when all of your potable water is rain-collected, and you share this with your plants, instead of saving it for yourself. :/

... you don't mind being exposed to potentially harmful toxins in the name of steady of growth.

Last edited:
... You're more concerned about a sick Sarracenia than certain members of your immediate family.

... You have been willing to lose sleep the night before a job interview to try and snipe an auction for a rare plant.

... You have taken into consideration your plant's needs in choosing housing.

I'm guilty of this last one recently.

....you've made Terraforums.com your homepage.

.... non-CP's around the house start disappearing and are replaced with more CP's.

.... the things you like to talk about steer more and more to plants and then to just CP's causing a severe glazing of the eyes reaction in family and friends.

.... have abbreviations for all the vendors, that everyone as nuts as you knows, and use them to get around chat sensor.

Great thread! I resemble these remarks. At liest we have our plants and each other to commiserate with.

... you're excited when a fly gets in your house because you know you can feed it to that one awesome newly opened nep pitcher (presuming you can catch it first)

... your plants drink purer water than you do

... you spend more time with your plants than you do with your own family

... every day when you come home from work you immediately check on your plants

Last edited:
Your plants use more RO water every day than your household.

-when your highland setup uses more electricity in a day than you would otherwise use in a week.

-when the sound of an AC running all night becomes enjoyable.

Great responses. I'm guilty of more than a few of them myself. :p

... you're excited when a fly gets in your house because you know you can feed it to that one awesome newly opened nep pitcher (presuming you can catch it first)

To elaborate, whenever you see a bug in the house, the first thing you think of is which plant to feed it to.

Your plants eat better than you do.

-your neps drink more coffee than you do

-actually consider spending $500 on a 1" plant cough Edwardsiana cough

...don't own a coffee machine, but are now considering getting one just for your plants...

When you wake up half the house staying up to 3am collecting rain water for the plants

Back