What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're addicted to CPs when you...

When you freak out on your mom because she threw away a plastic cookie container you planned to use as a humidity dome on a pot. For 30 minutes

When you have a room dedicated just for your plants.

When you major in Botany for the sole reason of being able to study carnivores.

When you go on vacation and don't have room for the dog. Sorry spot, you need to stay home no room...
af88d07b253c1d0f009b5a29efa9582a_zps705838ee.jpg

Haha great photos Will!

Use your microwave more often for sterilizing potting medium than you do for heating up food.

When youre more concerned with feeding your plants rather than yourself.

You've drawn plans for your master greenhouse you'd have when you win the lottery.

You know you're addicted when you dream of slow-mo skipping with eyes closed surrounded by hanging pitcher plants (you know, much like in animes lol)

When your neighbors tell you that your 400 watt metal halide makes a nice night light for their kids. (Happened to me)

When you say things like, "Let the humidity be high today, I would rather the plants be comfortable and me be uncomfortable than vice versa."

No, you're addicted to CP's when you find yourself enjoying 85 degrees and 80% humidity.....

When you are worried that people are going to think you are growing pot when people observe you moving your set up into your dorm.

That was an actual problem for Barry Rice; police visited his house since the lighting for his plants was so intense, they thought he was growing marijuana.

Lol, for a moment I thought that red watering can was a huge N. ampullaria pitcher!

~ when the only vegetable in your fridge is N. villosa. :lol:

Last edited:
That was an actual problem for Barry Rice; police visited his house since the lighting for his plants was so intense, they thought he was growing marijuana.

My fears are not unfounded :0o:

When you hoard gallon jugs so that you won't have to buy distilled water over winter (hopefully) because you can drain your 55 gallon rain barrel, and it will hopefully be sufficient.

when you see members post photos of their CP plant, you want to go and rob just those plants.

when you see members post photos of their CP plant, you want to go and rob just those plants.

Since we all know that this sort of thing has happened to several of the most dedicated, talented growers, I find that remark in unbelievably bad taste, even as a joke.

Back