Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To Paypal....

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New To Paypal....

I've sent funds a couple times but for the first time I received money. What do I do with the funds? How do I extract the funds?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For purchases, at retailers like Home Depot, there will be a checkout screen at the "do it yourselfer" where you can use Paypal, providing you have and enter your password. That may not be all stores. Lots of online vendors will accept it as well. If you send cash or payments via your PP account they will ask (after a fashion) who gets dunned the fees. Most of the time if you are a seller you take the hit. Ebay boasts about that you as a buyer "pay no fees" for paying with Paypal. If sending a gift, technically no fees, but when you send it they will ask who gets dunned. If taking cash, you will most assuredly pay their fees. They get you coming and going. Since you pay fees at auction, to get paid, and potentially yet again to draw cash - you might as well use it for purchases where you don't get hit again. I would guess the withdrawal fees would be the same as getting paid a flat amount plus 2.7%, but not sure on that. And the bank might want a little something, etc., etc.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are fees for sellers, and fees when using credit cards through paypal to pay, and then you can request a check with a flat rate $1.50 fee for up to I believe like $500. If you use just the paypal balance and send money labeled as a gift or to family, there are no fees for either party.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a whole lot of $ in PP, but I just leave it there instead of trying to withdraw. Then, when I have an online purchase to make, I pay via my PP balance (assuming there is enough in there).

Didn't know about paying at HD or places like that using one's PP balance. Learned something new today ... thanks, Pearl!
    Last edited by DragonsEye; 07-30-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    "Blessed are the cracked….
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I have to pa for plants, using paypal, I can use those funds for it? That's the last time I get involved with paypal for plant trades. Cash works fine. Priority stamps work fine.

For the love of Science! Dragoness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technophobe that I am, I don't use paypal much (then again, I never Ebay, either.) I have used paypal precisely once, to pay to have a snake shipped from California to me in Michigan.

If it was simple and straightforward, I might not have an issue. But it isn't simple enough for me.
    Jen- My Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...00#post1154900
    "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
    -Bradley Miller-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    So if I have to pa for plants, using paypal, I can use those funds for it? That's the last time I get involved with paypal for plant trades. Cash works fine. Priority stamps work fine.
    Yup, as long as the merchant accepts PayPal (not all do). I often ask people to reimburse me for the cost of mailing gifted plants by sending the $$ to my PayPal account, and I inevitably end up using it to pay for a purchase elsewhere. (I buy a lot of my music from hdtracks.com - a source for high resolution lossless music files, and the occasional purchase of black and white roll film from eBay - that sort of thing) As dragon points out, places like Home Depot accept PayPal as well. So before you dismiss the concept of PayPal transactions, you may want to consider what doors it opens for you ;-) I was late to the PayPal party, but am finding it very useful.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is a balance on your account you can just withdraw it to the linked bank account. If the funds were sent as a personal payment (friends or family) there are no fees. If you request funds, pay with a credit or debit card or receive a purchase payment there is a 2.9% + $0.30USD fee involved.

Be aware PayPal will report income over a certain amount to the IRS and if you are doing sales and it becomes obvious that you are taking personal payments for these sales PayPal can and will suspend your account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/he...=FEES_US&m=TCI

Withdrawing money:

You can withdraw money from your PayPal account to your bank account at no cost. If you prefer to receive a check, there is a $1.50 fee.
    See also (login required)
    https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/he...AW_MONEY&m=TCI

How to withdraw money from your PayPal account.

• The basics

It's simple to withdraw money from your PayPal account. You can transfer money directly into your linked bank account, use your PayPal Debit MasterCard®, or have us mail you a check.

• Bank transfer

The most popular way to withdraw money from your PayPal account is to transfer the money directly into your bank account.

Log in to your PayPal account, enter the amount you want to withdraw, and select the bank account to receive the money. We securely transfer the amount from your PayPal balance into your bank account at no cost to you.

It usually takes 3-4 business days for the money to appear in your bank account. The minimum you can withdraw is $1.00 USD. Make sure that the name registered on your PayPal account matches the name on your bank account.

• PayPal Debit MasterCard

The PayPal Debit MasterCard is the fastest way to withdraw money from your PayPal account.

If you qualify, you can use your PayPal Debit MasterCard® at most ATMs to get cash from your PayPal account right away. Select Checking Account when you withdraw money from an ATM. You can also use your PayPal Debit MasterCard to make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

You can withdraw up to $400.00 USD from your PayPal account from an ATM each day. Additional ATM fees associated with cash withdrawal and foreign payments may apply.

• Receive a check

If you don't want to transfer money to your bank account, you can request a check. Log in to your PayPal account, click Withdraw at the top of the page and select Request a check. Customers in the U.S. should receive checks within 1-2 weeks. It may take up to 6 weeks for customers outside the U.S.

We apply a fee of $1.50 USD for each check.
    Last edited by Not a Number; 07-31-2014 at 07:53 AM.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast