User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are RO Units Worth The Money And Effort?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are RO Units Worth The Money And Effort?

I can bring home purified water from work (WFI), but it's a hassle, with the paperwork and signatures and squirrelling away water. It would be nice to able to get water, 'on tap', as it were. Is RO water actually CP safe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My RO unit produces water that has a TDS reading of 4 PPM. Been using that for 2 years now. Nuff said?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    totally worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your talking about the same kind of unit i use its well worth the money as they don't cost much.Only drawback is mine produces about three times more waste (concentrate with high tds) than it does usable water.In the UK many houses are on a water meter and have to pay for that waste (i am lucky and am not)but i use the waste to water my ever thirsty tomato plants in the summer so all good

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably worth it, but unless you're sure your water is full of minerals, check out tests posted online by your water supplier. I did that after 2 years of buying 10 gallons of distilled water pretty much weekly and found out that my tap water was literally almost pure water... TDS was super low. All my Sphagnum, Nepenthes, Sarracenia and Drosera are doing much better with the extra water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my favorite CP purchase. I use it constantly. But I also have vivaria with misting systems I need to keep refilling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It somewhat depends upon the quality of the local water. I was on a well and the ppm exceeded four hundred and change. I went through a membrane a year for a while; and the waste water produced by the production of the RO -- unless it is collected -- is intolerable under our current California drought conditions . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get a reading on your tap water. Mine works fine right out of the tap. But it is surface water. water shed filtered through ferns, mosses, etc vs aquifer.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast