User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many gallons of water do you use a months and how much do you pay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fill up my sarracenia tub with a 5 gallon jug. I use about the 5 gallons a week for that, and about 6 gallons for my other carnivores every week. My tap water is terrible so i get all my water from a water vending machine. Making about 20.00 a month on water. 240 a year. Wow that is a ton, i have never done the math before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never really kept track, but depending on the rainfall, (less rain means more water I need to use)
    I would estimate I probably use about 5 gallons a week average..20 to 30 gallons a month.
    and I pay zero dollars for it:

Scot
    Last edited by scottychaos; 09-10-2014 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All you guys who live in the east are so lucky. In the west, we are all in drought and have gotton almost no rain this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly what i was thinking goodkoalie, i couldn't even fill up a gallon tank LOL so sad

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much to count... Luckily I switched to tap water so it's cheaper and I have a lot more of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-3 gallons a day...sometimes more depending on the temps and dryness...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have maybe a hundred CP's or a little better in a dozen or two various sized containers, many of which freely drain. I spend .39 cents per gallon and use 5 - 10 gallons per week for normal watering. That is much much more when repotting or potting new plants. I purchase R/O from the blue booths at Walmart and other grocery store in the area. Where I am going currently the water tests at 6ppm TDS.

EDIT: My other plants get watered from "softened" tap water which tests around 860ppm TDS. Sorry other plants!
    Last edited by Keith; 09-11-2014 at 04:46 AM.
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
    I have maybe a hundred CP's or a little better in a dozen or two various sized containers, many of which freely drain. I spend .39 cents per gallon and use 5 - 10 gallons per week for normal watering. That is much much more when repotting or potting new plants. I purchase R/O from the blue booths at Walmart and other grocery store in the area. Where I am going currently the water tests at 6ppm TDS.

EDIT: My other plants get watered from "softened" tap water which tests around 860ppm TDS. Sorry other plants!
    If by softened tapwater you mean water passed through an ion exchange unit which trades Ca+ and Mg+ ions for Na+ ions, you would likely be better off using the water before it enters the system. For plants trading Ca+ and Mg+ ions for Na+ ions is generally not a good trade And are you sure the water actually goes through the system? More often than not outdoor hose bibs on houses originally built with such systems are plumbed to get their water pre-softener.
    Judge not lest ye be judged creates a cesspool. Judge others and prepare to be judged by them.
    Just know when to keep the verdict to yourself.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast