What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS 11th Annual Fall Carnivorous Plant Show !!!!!

Whoa, Great show!! Thanks for posting the pics guys :-D

Here's some pics, I'll have some more up later but those will take more sorting first.

Native Exotics:

Rare Find:

Hydroponic Shop that had a table set up:

Here's a shot of the tables Johnny and John were selling from:

Jeremiah/Leilani Nepenthes:

These two had a table set up with some original hand sculpted VFT-esque artwork out. I didn't get any great shots of the pieces but she has a facebook and twitter page up with some pics and info, it is called Sculptivated Art:

NASC was there as well:

And two vendors I didn't really get shots of,
Black Jungle had the corner of the room past Rare Find in this pic:

And Natch Greyes was on the other side of Rare Find, didn't catch a picture of his table though.

Oh and the food truck, which was actually really tasty:

So cool guys! I wish I was on the other side of the continent at times like these. Maybe someday I'll be able to make it to this event.

In one of the photos I posted there was a glass globe filled with utrics. I have a glass like that but was wondering if someone has an idea how to replicate that?

In one of the photos I posted there was a glass globe filled with utrics. I have a glass like that but was wondering if someone has an idea how to replicate that?

Just fill it with wet peat, place under bright light and watch it grow. You'll be surprised at how quickly it fills in. Also, for relatively instant gratification use an easy species like U.livida, sandersonii, bisquamata....etc.

Oh wow ok I'll have to try that, thanks!

So it'll fill in and press up to the glass on its own?

Yup. The weedier species are prolific growers and can fill a pot in no time flat.

Just FYI, the two species in the globes at the show were livida and sandersonii.

Does take a while to fill out the globes though, think I planted those in like late 2011...

Back