What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QSRUDDY

Hi! Im Quinton, and I'm addicted to CPs....
Hi Everyone,
I decided to take the plunge and create my own picture thread :-D I have been growing CP's for three years and to say it has become an addiction would be an understatement....
I have always enjoyed everyone's pictures so I figured I would add to them.

Enjoy!

Three short years ago when it all began.... Honestly, I am a little embarrassed to show these :blush:

Flash forward to this spring and you see color lacking, spindly plants due to the less than ideal amounts of sun I get in the woods (4-5 hours).

S. Oreophila x Royal Ruby

S. Purpurea

S. Purpurea ssp. Purpurea

After these photos were taken, I was able to move my entire collection to my grandparents house where they now receive 8+ hours of sun. :-O

These photos were taken after a month in their new home. The damaged pitchers are from a pretty bad hail storm a few weeks prior.

S. Flava Big Boy

S. Rubra Canebrake

S. Judith Hindle

S. Purpurea

Darlingtonia Californica "Red"

And today....

S. (Rubra x Oreophila) x purpurea burkeii

S. Daina's Delight

S. Leucophylla Hurricane Creek White Clone E

Lunch! :-O

S. (Leucophylla x Flava) x Leucophylla

S. Evendine

S. Southern Comfort (I LOVE this one!)

S. Purpurea ssp. Purpurea

S. Minor

S. Judith Hindle

S. Purpurea

S. Leucophylla

S. Flava Big Boy

S. White Sparkler

S. Lady Bug

My indoor grow rack

My first ceph purchased back in March

All the babies that came from leaf pullings and crown divisions from the plant above

Finally starting to produce some adult pitchers :banana2:

Hummer's Giant

Two crown divisions

Last edited:
Very cool, keep the pics comin!

Very cool, keep the pics comin!

+1. It looks like you got off to a great start. It should be a very nice collection by now.

D. Capensis "Broadleaf"

Typical

Alba

D. Venusta

D. Admirabilis Large Form

Darlintonia seedlings

All my sarracenia seedlings. I am very excited about some of these crosses!

Last edited:
Very nicely grown Drosera. The Darlingtonia and Sarracenia are awesome. :-O

Last edited:
Very nice! Those are some collorful Sarrs now that they have more sun!

Those are some serious grow racks dude.

The typical grow rack growing conditions.

My nepenthes rack....not too impressive but it is a work in progress. Most of these plants are recovering from a thrip infestation a couple months back.

Last edited:
'Like'

Very impressive. I love your DIY grow rack. I'm a huge fan of grow racks and will be putting together a larger one in the upcoming months. Ideally I'd like to have 1 shelf for Nepenthes, 1 shelf for drosera and pinguicula, another shelf for propagation of seedlings/cuttings, and another shelf for miscellaneous non-CP's and vegetable garden seedlings.

I love how uniform your pots/trays are. I'm a neat freak and am currently repotting my entire collection into identical pots like yours. What are you using as top dressing- sand?

Thanks for sharing!

Radagast- we are very much alike! like you were saying, I like to have each shelf designated for a specific CP. Having uniform pots and trays allows me to organize and fit many plants on each shelf. It looks more "professional." IMO. It also saves the hassle of finding trays for each individual pot.
I am currently using silica sand as a top dressing, but would like to replace it with a fine decorative gravel. Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited:
Have you ever considered topping the pots w/ Live Sphagnum Moss? I'm currently doing that on several of my Nepenthes and various Drosera pots. I've seen this done in many photos and when done correctly it really gives your collection an exotic "WOW" factor. I just started a Sphagnum culture but they're all babies and not yet filling out the container.

I have tried live sphagnum, but my humidity is too low and the lights are too intense for it to thrive. But yes, it does create a "wow" factor.
If you ever need live sphagnum, I have a bunch growing on my property that I am more than willing to share.

Last edited:
Thanks! As soon as I am able to expand my growing space I'll definitely hit you up for some haha.

Very nice! What sort of media do you use for your Cephs? They look great.

Thank you! I use a 2:1 silica sand and peat mixture with a half inch layer of silica on top to keep the crown drier.

Last edited:
S. Leah Wilkerson

Young S. Adrian Slack

S. Night Sky

S. Flava x Alata Red Black

S. St Mountain x Flava 85 x Coutrii

S. Catesbaei x Alata Black Throat. This plant has some of the most vibrant colors I have ever seen. The picture doesn't do this plant justice!

S. Excellens with Purple Hood

S. Leah Wilkerson x Purpurea Brunswick Beauty

S. Yellow Cat x Yellow Cat

S. Purpurea Veinless

S. Purpurea Montana

S. Psittacina Sandy Creek, FL

S. Courtii

Darlingtonia Californica "Red" slowly coming back after being repotted during the summer

Bristle Tooth

Leo Song's Jaws. One of my many divisions.

Dutch

B-52?

P. Caerulea

Very nice.

The youngins :awesome:

Love the color they are getting!

Back