What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hit me up if you ever want to part with one of your Cephs, you have an amazing collection of them! Are the trays always full of water?

Thank you! PM sent! :-O
I fill the trays with an inch of water. After it dries up, I wait 5-7 days, then repeat.

Last edited:
I have never been so floored by a leah wilkerson before, thats spectacular!
The catesbaei x black throat is awesome too.

Decided to get a little more serious with my nepenthes!
Introducing the new 48x48x78 grow tent! :-O

I decided to spend a little extra and get one with windows. I am always looking at my plants and this allows me to do so without opening the doors and affecting the humidity.

Plants and metal halide fixture installed. I went with a 400w 6500k bulb with a 36,000 lumen output! :banana2:

Cephalotus color update!
October 16

and today, October 24

Would you call the police if you discovered me living in your grow tent?

Would you call the police if you discovered me living in your grow tent?

As long as you bring a few nepenthes to fill up the tent, I wouldn't foresee a problem! Lol! :awesome:

Nice, I mean NICE collection you have there. The cephs are just too cute.

your hard work will pay off

Semi-Vertical Cephalotus Pot = Complete!

Now it just needs to fill in!

Awesome cephs! I love the semi-vertical pot. How will it be watered?

I will water it using the tray method, like the rest. A couple other members seem to have had good luck using this method with semi-vertical pots.

Very nice! I'll try it out if I get my hands on some more cephs.

I was looking over my sundews and noticed this double leaf on my D. Capensis "Broadleaf" :-O

I'm excited to see how it turns out! I'll keep updating as it progresses!

I thought this S. Doreen's Colossus x Tapestry seedling looked interesting. It consistently produces very elongated lids!

Update!
The double leafed D. Capensis "Broadleaf" has matured! :-D I kind of like it!

It is also flowering. Those of you who grow broadleafs, do they typically produce flowers with ruffled flowers? They are pretty stunning if you ask me!

And finally....my newest nepenthes addition. N. Rajah! :banana2: Small, but glad I was able to acquire one.

Last edited:
I cruised your thread start to finish.. very impressive indeed! What kind/size/quantity of bulbs are you using above your cephs?
Are your plants in a South facing window? I haven't had much success with window growing here in Michigan. Weak sunlight..

:bigthumpup:Yeah you got the addiction ,your plants are all looking very healthy .I look forward to seeing how your neps get on in the new tent.Good growing

Last edited:
I cruised your thread start to finish.. very impressive indeed! What kind/size/quantity of bulbs are you using above your cephs?
Are your plants in a South facing window? I haven't had much success with window growing here in Michigan. Weak sunlight..
Thank you!
I am using a 4ft 4 bulb t8 fixture with two daylight bulbs and two cool white. Same for the sundews. The plants are 6-8 inches from the lights. They are in a south facing window but because I am in a woods, they don't get a significant amount of sun; maybe 3 hours. I am a little surprised with the coloration because the light really isn't that bright.

Last edited:
Back