Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: My CP Windowsill Exploits.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give it a little time. When adjusting to new conditions, Nepenthes commonly stall their growth and will grow slower.
    If humidity is too low, all of those developing pitchers would turn black and shrivel.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice little set-up. It's really neat to see someone using a windowsill to grow plants. (Mine aren't quite suitable). And, you've got some neat pitchers on that N. spathulata x glabrata.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Nepenthes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NemJones View Post
    Give it a little time. When adjusting to new conditions, neps commonly stall their growth and will grow slower.
    If humidity is too low, all of those developing pitchers would turn black and shrivel.
    Good deal, that's what I was thinking as well. I've been moving it to a west window sill after 4:30 pm or so to get a couple more hours of good diffused light. Been about a week doing it now, and I'm seeing some good results.
    Quote Originally Posted by NatchGreyes View Post
    Nice little set-up. It's really neat to see someone using a windowsill to grow plants. (Mine aren't quite suitable). And, you've got some neat pitchers on that N. spathulata x glabrata.
    Thank you very much. I have a new one developing on it that looks like it's gonna be real wide.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My garden is going pretty good except for some mold I have in my current nepenthes media. Until I can get them repotted I could use some advice on how to use hydrogen peroxide to keep the mold at bay until I can get them into Sphagnum moss and cocoa chips. My plants are noticing the decrease in sunlight for sure. Next project after repotting is going to be setting up a little light to keep dew and healthy pitchers all winter.

N. spathulata x glabrata developing pitcher.

N. burkei

N. 'Miranda'

Newest N. maxima pitcher

N. Poi Dog, still no pitchers but it's really vigorous with it's leaf growing.

Got some new baby D. capensis popping up in this pot too.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your N. 'Miranda' appears to be N. ventrata.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - neither name is valid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    Your N. 'Miranda' appears to be N. ventrata.
    This is the plant my buddy cut my clone from. Mine is young and just making lowers.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice set up, great idea with candle holders. I too have a poi dog in my window and it only pitchers in summer and took longer than normal to acclimate to my window sill, i think the key is consistency in environment. Then again I grow D. regia next to Heliamphora and Nepenthes the same window, but can't seem to keep Drosera adelae alive to save my soul.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to disappoint you Randoja, but your plant is not N. 'Miranda'. Lower pitchers of that hybrid have large serrated wings, are rather evenly cylindrical in shape, and will have heavily mottled reds with a wide peristome. Yours is definitely N. ventrata: semi-ventricose pitchers, a thin, rounded peristome, and the seemingly bicolored red upper and lighter lower portions of the pitcher.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-20-2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - neither name is valid
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast