What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides is beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
D. scorpioides is beautiful.

Thanks, ill be happy when its a bit more lively. They are making gemmae though.
BK9sj2I.jpg

What soil mixture are those D. scorpioides in?

What soil mixture are those D. scorpioides in?

I honestly don't know. I recieved them potted, I assume it's peat/perlite.

N. ventricosa just arrived, big thanks to Cthulu138 for the giveaway!
pgdLx5N.jpg

Oh man Im jealous! The black peristome N. ventricosa is a great looking plant :) Good luck with it!

Oh man Im jealous! The black peristome N. ventricosa is a great looking plant :) Good luck with it!

Thanks buddy, I took a pic of my Cephalotus too since I had my camera out already haha.
10634068_10154893844300026_1076916486129175004_o.jpg

Up to 7 Nepenthes now, the 8th should be here tomorrow. N. Wrigleyana which is N. mirabilis x (ampullaria x rafflesiana).
10425492_10154894787170026_547865611016783860_n.jpg

Drosera are looking mostly content with the new lighting as well.
1513739_10154894811960026_2299427246387975534_n.jpg

Oh wow I just noticed that cupped trap in the back. That is probably my favorite VFT cultivar, I really need to get my hands on one of those.

Thanks, yeah that one popped out at me when I was vft shopping. I'm a fan as well.

New tent for my Nepenthes coming Friday!
0520010004-300x300.jpg

N. Wrigleyana that came today. N. mirabilis x (rafflesiana x ampullaria)
Kqc3ZGb.png

It came with a forming pitcher, but I don't know if it will finish. Looks a little brown.
YrVIpLW.png

Making progress.
KiSzBoC.jpg

That's a sweet-looking enclosure you have coming. It is nice to be able to modify humidity and temps from the ambient conditions in a room. The N. Wrigleyana sounds like a very nice hybrid and your plant looks very healthy. 'Looking forward to seeing grow.

The D. scorpioides look good. I am a fan of this species, too.

That's a sweet-looking enclosure you have coming. It is nice to be able to modify humidity and temps from the ambient conditions in a room. The N. 'Wrigleyana' sounds like a very nice hybrid and your plant looks very healthy. 'Looking forward to seeing grow.

The D. scorpioides look good. I am a fan of this species, too.

Thanks a lot man, I'm very excited about the tent. I'm gonna keep good LL/Intermediate conditions and grow some good plants I hope. I'm looking at a really nice N. maxima x alata to add right now. My buddy and I are coming to the Portland meeting in December too, I've cancelled all other plans.

Those D. scorpioides are looking beautiful!

I love your windowsill setup, and of course what you have growing on it :-D

I love your windowsill setup, and of course what you have growing on it :-D

Much appreciated, I'm very excited to spoil my plants in the new tent.

Alright alright! Been a kinda long day setting all this stuff up but I'm very pleased with my end result. I have a good spot for my plants, now I just need to finish getting all the right equipment and dialing in my cooling and humidity. I have a humidifier coming, and I can already tell I'm going to need more fans. Temps are humidity are hard to maintain right now, and I don't even have the second 2ft light turned on right now.

zWhtXPW.jpg

ZBX1H6r.jpg

RglJjoX.jpg

XNLalas.png

ASgxKXq.jpg

NTO5jiV.jpg

Back