Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Circle of trust

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Circle of trust

I'm going to rant alittle....

I'm not as active on the forum as I have been in the past but the circle of people I trust in this community is getting smaller and that bothers me. Like most I would fully expect it to grow!

I find myself selling most of my plants because its the safer option for me and here's why.

1. Giveaways - most people are grateful but a lot of people give you grief about shipping around their schedule or the plant being smaller, bigger, roots being too big! You name it I have heard it. So my future giveaways will have strict guidelines.

2. Scams - I have gotten scammed from 3 people this year that I can remember. And I'm sure the names would shock you. Not going to admins because tried that and it didn't work. Not looking for someone else to resolve the issue. Simple fix for me is to only trade with the people I trust. Most likely if your not on a first name basis I will be weary.

I'm sure things will level out. I have a short memory and hardly hold grudges. And it's getting really easy to spot the scams on other forums. Also note that this is not a advertisement about me selling plants. I have none for sale! But that is my go too for now.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Strange, I see no reported PMs or posts from you. Nor do I have an PMs or emails directly from you about any issues. So I have no idea in what way you've tried to come to me for help on any of these issues.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did contact you. For the first one that happened awhile ago.

The most current instances have not been reported.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you, I've decided in recent times that TF is no longer an environment I regard as viable as far as trades or giveaways are concerned. I've come to this conclusion largely because I find many recipients of free plants/seeds have been rude and/or ungrateful and so I've deemed this a community unworthy of the plants I have to share and will either distribute them elsewhere or send them only to people I have an established relationship with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is sad to read

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    This is sad to read
    Yeah.... I've been here for almost 11 years and very rarely have I experienced the negativity. There's a lot of 'Tamlin Effect' going around!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do you spot the scammers? do share ^_^

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be a bit of hard work to find people outright who are going to scam you. There are usually things in common with their posts or replies/PM's that suggest they're trying to get around some important detail.
    It is very sad to hear this community is becoming untrustworthy, as there have been a great number of generous people here and I do keep finding only those same people tend to post giveaways and trades. I've had issues myself as well, open a giveaway and get in contact with the winners, and half the people don't even bother to contact me or go through with their agreed side of the deal. I was planning on trying to do some giveaways here soon to pay back the generosity of those I've received from (and it would have probably been a lot), but I too am starting to wonder if I will move those to other forums......
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast