What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

I like how you can see how toothy sibuyanensis is and how that gets expressed in the hybrid with spectabilis in your photos.

N. burbidgeae x campanulata (again)

bKv0nxd.jpg

ShGE4jR.jpg

N. spathulata x hamata is throwing out its FOURTH growth point! And down on the woody stem no less, very strange.

tGjRbO8.jpg

I threw some live moss into some Nep pots, dont know how long it will live in my windowsill humidity but ohwell

JmkbTX9.jpg

New plants arriving today, pictures to follow :D

There is some gorgeous sun out so I figured Id take some pictures.

N. sibuyanensis x spectabilis, basically the flagship of my collection at this point. Id highly advocate its use in a hanging pot, right now it has 7 pitchers.

RVBJo04.jpg

MJEYG6k.jpg

bOcOimR.jpg

After giving it a stick to wrap around, N. spathulata x hamata is inflating a pitcher! Hooray!
pmkreHh.jpg

N. spectabilis x hamata reaching for the sky
AflY2IN.jpg

N. ventricosa "red" recovering from loss of growth point nicely

9rpR9tt.jpg

N. tiveyi seems to really appreciate the LEDs I hung above it, seeing some big leaves.
LdtYGeJ.jpg

cFFvNro.jpg

Rumour has it Sashoke is going to be building a new window setup soon, so heres a picture of the old one constructed of bits and pieces.

XGlzmE8.jpg

Also, is this a D. capensis flower stalk coming up? Ive never had any capensis flower before!
WcO0Gxt.jpg

Plants arrived wahey! One still on the way.

N. ventricosa x sibuyanensis "Jungle Bells"

pg2fG7F.jpg

BJHyFFP.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x maxima "Gothica"
Pq7ZEZa.jpg

hVu8eMw.jpg

EEPROzR.jpg

Cxq0wa6.jpg

Leaf span of this plant is about 9 inches across
zmtpteP.jpg

Im incredibly impressed I was able to get this large of a plant for only 19$.

Last edited:
Also, is this a D. capensis flower stalk coming up? Ive never had any capensis flower before!
WcO0Gxt.jpg

Yes, that is a capensis flower stalk.

N. ventricosa pitcher almost glowing in the sun
BIWP9Xc.jpg

Very nice plants. It's been a while since I looked at your collection, it's really grown!

It's good to see some vining Nepenthes, maybe even making uppers.

Definitely a D. capensis flower stalk. . . now the trick is if you can get it to stop flowering . . . :0o:

Very nice plants. It's been a while since I looked at your collection, it's really grown!

It's good to see some vining Nepenthes, maybe even making uppers.

Definitely a D. capensis flower stalk. . . now the trick is if you can get it to stop flowering . . . :0o:

Yep! Ive got 5 vining plants right now with uppers on the way.

I dont mind, Ill probably collect the seed and do giveaways.

N. spathulata x campanulata arrived! Its a very small plant so nothing much to show here.

kr4p3nF.jpg

zFNGc02.jpg

After about 4 or 5 hours of working with my brother we've got this so far, the support structure for my plant table is all cut out. No screws or anything yet, going to have to start that next week.

68iAHLm.jpg

To be continued!

New plants arrived today!

N. maxima
FTuBZJs.jpg

N7XLZM3.jpg

N. maxima "wavy leaf" (Guess its leaves dont get wavy until its older?)
Su8uY9a.jpg

vIM6IRQ.jpg

N. ventricosa x hamata (I am really excited for this hybrid!)
ikp3QFV.jpg

Even at a young age it has some fantastic teeth!
PXplWVx.jpg

That's a nice group of nepenthes. I'll be looking forward to updates on all of those.

Happy thanksgiving everyone! I woke up this morning, turned my head and saw this :D I love sunny days

DG50Ml3.jpg

The Pitcher Zone
NZZKJwp.jpg

N. burbcampy
lufFa6N.jpg

The vine on my N. ventricosa (aristolochioides x thorelli) has kind of stopped growing and now this basal is exploding with growth
h5HyNXq.jpg

Basal baby on the way from my N. spathulata x hamata
ll4ci8V.jpg

N. tiveyi in morning sun

ZEBime8.jpg

Looking nice, how tall is that pitcher there?

Looking nice, how tall is that pitcher there?

5 inches or so, its an upper/intermediate, the plant is from a vine cutting so I havent gotten any lowers yet.

pitcher in a pitcher!

qz5pzN3.jpg

N. ventricosa "black"

bK01Fo8.jpg

Back