What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

Random pictures:
mogA7V5.jpg

PvIK1Ve.jpg

nAZnBae.jpg

s6jbccm.jpg

qydgzIC.jpg

HDRk8bj.jpg

My VFT appears to have divided:

yjtEQE9.jpg

Its.. so... RED!! :spazz:

4jLmY4w.jpg

Oks5W9S.jpg

N. spathulata x robcantleyi is all about those rappelling tendrils.
tIHDcEd.jpg

I love the leaves N. "Red Leopard" produces.. theyre thick and bronzey.
BqNNuZZ.jpg

Some more vine cutting success, this is another N. burkei "madja as" courtesy of Paul!
xjHmFBx.jpg

I moved some stuff around to get maximum light distribution. (My windows are facing South East, so I have everything setup to get as much direct sun in the mornings as possible)
joHirz5.jpg

Looking good, Brian!

Thanks! Nothing too exciting is going on right now, everything has slowed down after being relocated, but that was to be expected. Cant wait to see what the pitcher on the spath x rob will look like though, Im expecting it to be smaller than its previous ones but it looks so dreary without any pitchers!

I can't wait till my spathulata X Robcantleyi gets to that size .. I just had a new pitcher open recently and I'm excite to see it once it fills out and colors up more..
9013fdf73d2b31a241d926e66a0e12d8.jpg

I can't wait till my spathulata X Robcantleyi gets to that size .. I just had a new pitcher open recently and I'm excite to see it once it fills out and colors up more..

Looks nice! In my experience with the hybrid it grows really really fast, with huge leaf jumps but can take more than a month for pitchers to fully inflate.

Thanks, Good to know.

Two updates in one day? Im spoiling you guys ;P

Cephalotus
gu38ndZ.jpg

D. capensis recovering nicely from the repotting.
ZJp3a72.jpg

Unfortunately these are the only survivors from my S. jonesii batch... I still dont know what exactly went wrong, but all the seedlings started turning brown. These were the few I salvaged with still a bit of green on them, I believe theres about 6 individuals. Im really hoping they survive to adulthood. Also speaking of Sarracenia, I just sowed the Adrian slack x blood moons from Paul!
3xo93s8.jpg

N. sibuyanesis! This thing grows so incredibly slow for me, but here is one of the rare moments where it has more than one pitcher out at a time.
vaP8px1.jpg

I love morning sun!
Q3g4nz6.jpg

OaRjSIg.jpg

kRK4Jhl.jpg

jtPCXrs.jpg

Id7Deq0.jpg

New plant! Yay! N. burbidgea x campanulata

GycXnCU.jpg

a424Bjy.jpg

Now I was really darn impressed with the packaging of this plant, it was basically in a sturdy death cube to keep it from being crushed.

Usually when I get a new plant thats already potted, I avoid repotting it to minimize stress, however the media in this plants pot was DISGUSTING. It smelt like fungus/mold, was a dark green algae color, and was squishy and mushy. It looked like an 100% (rotting) sphagnum mix so likely the air getting to the roots was minimal.

Not to mention there looked to be what I can only describe as eggs on the surface of the sphagnum. I didnt wait around long enough to find out what they belonged to, and I quickly trashed the old media. I inspected the plant closely and couldnt find any signs of pests, but just to be safe, I squirted the plant down and also washed my hands before continuing with the repotting. (Wanted to make sure I didnt leave any of the eggs behind)

So now its in a fresh pot with fresh media and has joined my windowsill army.. it appears to be a very healthy little plant and hopefully it takes the acclimation well!

Last edited:
Nepenthes sibyuanensis x spectabilis!
cCfPy0i.jpg

Im a little worried this might be frost damage..? Im not entirely sure waht frost damage would look like, but this suddenly pinkish red leaf looks kind of concerning.
ASY3SW7.jpg

srM7vJv.jpg

The red color means the plant is getting enough light. A lot of Nepenthes gain red in their leaves under strong lighting; were it damage, it wouldn't turn red, it would turn brown.

The red color means the plant is getting enough light. A lot of Nepenthes gain red in their leaves under strong lighting; were it damage, it wouldn't turn red, it would turn brown.

I know that much, but the red shade looks kinda sickly gray in person.. Dunno, Ill give it some time. Its probably nothing!

sibyuanensis x spectabilis is absolutely stunning. looks like a burb X eddie hybrid.

absolutely spectacular, well done sir.

N. spathulata x hamata male flower! :-O This is a first for my collection!
vXO0oo2.jpg

KYx03gD.jpg

This vine is crazy unwieldy.

fjmbNOK.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the flower

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Random pictures:

hybrid Im too tired of typing out:

7nm301H.jpg

N. ventricosa

53l9Agl.jpg

Beer belly ventricosa

TK7zJIG.jpg

RdX6jDz.jpg

i3iLZhE.jpg

62DL2Qk.jpg

ncTpjky.jpg

Even in the face of adversity my burkei knows how to look good:

Y1X4obb.jpg

How many developing pitchers/tendrils can you spot?

CuU1QmW.jpg

Is that sixth picture of a nep a robcantleyi?

Last edited:
Beer belly ventricosa, best cultivar name ever.

Back