What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sashoke's Picture Thread

So Ive been taking a lot of pictures lately and wanted to put them somewhere, so Ill just dump them in this thread from now on.

N. spathulata x Rob
CCQZimD.jpg

yi8XlQS.jpg

Hzyncak.jpg

Nepenthes burkei:
0Yqn80h.jpg

U2avonY.jpg

ygd9mrj.jpg

N. ventricosa "Red"
1E8PDnz.jpg

N. ventricosa (Arist x "thoreli")
ubRomqG.jpg

Typical Cephalotus:
Jklwne6.jpg

D. capensis seedlings starting to make their first carnivorous leaves:
FF4XQ2X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like an ant! :0o:

There we go, the images are no longer stupidly huge.

so many Drosera seedings :) how cute!. do you have a shot of the whole N, spathulata x Rob ? the color is really pretty, is it getting pretty big?

It looks like our N. burkei are siblings.

so many Drosera seedings :) how cute!. do you have a shot of the whole N. spathulata x Rob ? the color is really pretty, is it getting pretty big?
I will take a photo of the N. spathulata x Rob tonight just for you then! And its just starting to put out its first new leaf in my care. Ive been told this species usually only keeps 4 leaves at a time, so I feel honored that its putting out a 6th! Hehe.

If they came from BE, probably. Their main line is a group of 4 clones, and at least one of them is female....

Took some pictures of the same plants again just to show a bit of their progress.

N. ventricosa, new pitcher:
pMM2ZDy.jpg

MLL1Jex.jpg

LzG771o.jpg

The N. ventricosa (AristxThorelii) seedling with red leaves is putting out its first pitcher and it has bright red coloration already! I cant wait to see this thing once it opens.
nPZCDkQ.jpg

oLYEerZ.jpg

Here is its brother/sister plant's new pitcher to compare with color:
Q7R2gNh.jpg

drivHCB.jpg

Cephalotus is finally making new growth! A new pitcher and a new leaf!
PxUOLgl.jpg

XYTHQgZ.jpg

And lastly a funny image I ended up taking by accident. I was trying to get a picture of my N. burkei developing a pitcher, but a piece of scotch tape had gotten stuck to my lens without me realizing. When I went back through the pictures, the clear tape made it look like there was a spooky fog!
G9HphRD.jpg

I really love the red pitcher of the magenta seedling. So pretty

I really love the red pitcher of the magenta seedling. So pretty

I know! Im so excited to see what it looks like once it opens! If its this colorful already, imagine what itll look like when its opened :D

I have had a couple really cool things pop up in Paul's crosses. Rest assured that yours will be awesome, too. In fact, I think enough people have this cross that it might be nice to share photos under a common thread.

He keeps his greenhouse 2-3x as humid as mine, and it was initially tough to acclimate the plants. Stuck em in a terrarium and gradually uncovered over ~2 weeks. It was actually neat, watching the leaves become more and more adapted to lower humidity.

Clone 1

Clone 2

Your plant looks great! I had a rough couple of weeks when I first got the plants. The seedling with the red leaves initially was just as green as the others. Then for whatever reason during acclimation it started gaining that pigment and now all of its new growth has been a really pretty red. Really interesting looking!

Drosera dichrosepala gemmae have all sprouted and a few have carnivorous leaves :)
UFXSKQj.jpg

Unknown Sarracenia seedling: (This wasnt edited in anyway, the pitchers are bright red and the picture just ended up being dark..)
GZMgqOo.jpg

N. ventricosa growing an upside down pitcher:
dAFQEb6.jpg

Lookin good Shashoke!

wJQ0DWB.jpg

The oldest pitcher on my N. ventricosa (left)) vs the newest one (right)
That size gap is great! :D
(Yes, its not technically on the plant anymore, as I just trimmed it off :3)

Small update, I have a new arrival :)

I got this small N. ventricosa "black peristome" about a week ago, it is a pretty color-less plant but thats okay with me, like a fine wine itll become better with age.

oIbFjTV.jpg

IQ4f4uL.jpg

The red seed grown N. ventricosa (arist x thorelii) has finally opened its pitcher! Its very bright red and fades to orange near the base wth a yellow peristome :)
01qzXTe.jpg

W9EGtQG.jpg

Here is its starch green sibling plant to compare color with:
nUkIqXu.jpg

The red plant is also making a new pitcher with the same distinct "Redhead" (I think I might start calling this plant Redhead now :D)
11PLIaY.jpg

Im absolutely loving the coloration. Developing pitchers are just as interesting as open ones imo

Back