What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnivora Gardinum, Time Lapse Film.

Thank you everyone. One day i hope to revisit these plants, and add some new ones. There are quite a few plants i would love to film, but i couldnt get all of the ones i wanted.
The focus pulls were pretty tricky, I use system i developed called a Lens Apparatus, my partner and i even ran a kickstarter campaign on those, we funded about 6x what our minimum amount was, but it was still not very popular in the way of timelapse gear. I really like being able to play with focus and zoom on these clips.

The actual focus shift from one plant to the next each took over 1 full day to complete. :)

Heli, the plants opening are my favorite scenes. They really do seem to swing open with a lot of grace and flow.

I have been thrilled with the response this gas gathered so far. My day i am a VoIP engineer, but on the side i run a business building timelapse motion control equipment (nothing big but we get our customers) and have made a bit of a name for myself in the small niche world of timelapse photography. However i had always been known as a designer/builder/engineer, This is the first time I put a lot of effort into a single timelapse film rather than just sample and test clips. Its been online about 10 hours and has 3,200 plays. It is going a bit viral which is pretty exciting. I really hope this goes to show that not only can i build these systems, but i can also use them as well ;)

this has been a wonderful experience!

I would pay 50$ for an hour long dvd of footage like this. I'll bet others would too. Compared to 70 ish dollars for some of the nice cp photo books, it would be competitive.

fantastic!!!

A serious achievement. Excellent

Chronos, well done!

This is something I have always wanted to do and now that my iPhone has timelapse....just kidding. I have done it with other cameras and I love it! I have always wanted to get a greenhouse but even more so, get a section of the greenhouse prepped with tracks and lighting to do year long time lapse photography of these plants.

Keep up the good work! This is priceless footage and even if the plant goes south during the filming it is priceless to see that plant deteriorate and what it looks like as it progresses.

When I finally get myself a time-lapse studio, you can bet I will think of you first and buy all the equipment I can through you as a thank you. Hope you keep making these!

Woah, within 2 days you're almost at 50,000 views!!!! that is def viral.

A. Mazing. I dont even know you but I am so proud of you.

Seriously. This is a window into our hobby that we never have the privilege to look through. You have gifted us with this view, and we thank you deeply.

I have long held the notion that plants, though far different from us and not necessarily "sentient," bear patterns and behaviors analogous with animals just on a much slower scale. Your work of art captures this in our endeared genre of herbs.

THANK YOU!

Wow! Really pro! :)

Back