User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carnivora Gardinum, Time Lapse Film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great video! Definitely one of the better CP videos.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the better timelapses I've seen, especially how it was combined with moving between the different plants so it almost looked like real time. Never realized how cool a flytrap leaf looks like as it opens until you see a timelapse of it either....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was incredible. I could just imagine this video being narrated by David Attenborough. Really amazing. I agree with hcarlton, that was definitely one of my favorite techniques that you used was the seamless motion between plants focusing just at the right time.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is an incredible piece of work. To me this is BBC nature documentary quality. I gotta say that part at the 3:10 mark when the trap opened was fascinating, it seemed like the momentum from the trap opening made it open wider and then reverberated back, that blew me away considering how slow they open their traps in our time scale.
    Last edited by Heli; 11-17-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone. One day i hope to revisit these plants, and add some new ones. There are quite a few plants i would love to film, but i couldnt get all of the ones i wanted.
    The focus pulls were pretty tricky, I use system i developed called a Lens Apparatus, my partner and i even ran a kickstarter campaign on those, we funded about 6x what our minimum amount was, but it was still not very popular in the way of timelapse gear. I really like being able to play with focus and zoom on these clips.

The actual focus shift from one plant to the next each took over 1 full day to complete.

Heli, the plants opening are my favorite scenes. They really do seem to swing open with a lot of grace and flow.

I have been thrilled with the response this gas gathered so far. My day i am a VoIP engineer, but on the side i run a business building timelapse motion control equipment (nothing big but we get our customers) and have made a bit of a name for myself in the small niche world of timelapse photography. However i had always been known as a designer/builder/engineer, This is the first time I put a lot of effort into a single timelapse film rather than just sample and test clips. Its been online about 10 hours and has 3,200 plays. It is going a bit viral which is pretty exciting. I really hope this goes to show that not only can i build these systems, but i can also use them as well

this has been a wonderful experience!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would pay 50$ for an hour long dvd of footage like this. I'll bet others would too. Compared to 70 ish dollars for some of the nice cp photo books, it would be competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fantastic!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A serious achievement. Excellent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast