Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come CP vendors don't discuss the age of the plants

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    I agree with Swords and Not a Number that age is a tricky parameter when talking about plants for sale. I prefer to give the measured size of the plant I am selling as I feel there is nothing arbitrary about that.
    That certainly makes sense and it is what I want to know when contemplating a purchase and/or trade. If possible or an unknown person or quantity. I have heard of things like a person on an aquarist forum bought four "one inch" portions on plastic screen of U. graminifolia for a pretty penny and each portion contained two or three tiny threads covering perhaps 2% of the one inch. A picture tells a thousand words, especially if taken next to a ruler. Not always possible, but great when it does.
    Last edited by pearldiver; 11-27-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    Tell that to companies like REI who have recently dropped their lifetime returns due to abuse. There's more to it than mitigating customer risk. You need to take into account that some people just want free stuff. A long guarantee is subject to abuse especially in the case of plants where durability is completely determined by the end user.
    Costco used to have such a policy. You could even return stuff without the receipt since it sales is in their database. However, electronics now can only be returned within 30 days (or perhaps it is 90). People were abusing the policy when they would return expensive wide-screen TVs after a year or so to upgrade to a newer model.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my uncle does that. He did that every year and would encourage others to do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12