Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has awesome foilage!
    ~Burgeoning connoisseur of all things ventricosa or otherwise tubby.~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's a tough little grower. I threw it outside during summer (high 90s and humidity in the low 20s) and it produced new pitchers. But it's def liking this home better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to update on some of my plants. Hope everyone enjoy. This is prob less than 1/2 of my collection. I got tired of taking pictures........ ^_^

Some of this plants were just ravaged by a recent California rain, so there's still recovering.

King Henry - The traps near the soil is super cute

S. 'Judith Hindle' = my very first Sarracenia

S. 'Adrian Slack' x 'Judith Hindle' - Luckily it produced one trap and a new division at the bottom.

S. catesbaei "Sunrise" x flava var. rugelii - the name could be wrong because I won this from my first giveaway. This plant got invaded by ants and the S. won

Sarracenia mysterious random seedlings

D. venusta - From a giveaway, glad it's giving me tons of seeds and new growth points. I think flowering took much of its energy and now that it's stopped, it's resuming growth

D. aliciae - It was pretty much dead for the first 2 months. It's coming back strong with tons of D. capensis around the pot.

D. hamiltonii - This little guy has doubled in size after I sprinkled close to dead ants from the Sarracenia pitchers

D. capensis "Alba" and regular seedlings - Giveaway from Victoria and it's my "coral reef" pot

D. capensis and red - the white background was a mistake since you can't really see the dew, oh well

H. heterodoxa - Very first new pitcher

P. 'Tina' - the new pink is really pretty

P. 'Pirouette' - It's really amazing how pings change color in winter, love the pink though

P. laueana - the leafs are finally cleaner now that it's moved inside

N. veitchii x platychila - the biggest pitcher grew when this plant was outside

N. "Caesarion" - it came with the smaller pitcher, the other pitchers developed inside the terrarium and on a windowsill.

N. muluensis x lowii - this plant was really cute because the tendril buried itself inside the sphagnum when it was outdoors and it developed this beautiful pitcher

N. talangensis - it never developed a pitcher outdoors, and now that it's inside a terrarium 4 new growth point has developed ^_^

N. maxima x spectabilis - This is my strongest growing smaller size Nepenthes
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-10-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice collection and photos! I wish I could stop obsessing over Sarracenia long enough to broaden the species I collect a lil. N. maxima x spectabilis is incredible.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-10-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a promise back in Nov that I'll buy plants again only if I survive this winter and next summer. I kind of under estimated the amount of work and time in the beginning. I thought of focusing on specific species but just couldn't resist on seeing how other CPlants trap insects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.... most of my Sarracenias, Flytraps, and some other sundews are in dormancy. I posted my pings, helis, and some more Nepenthes last time so I'll focus on my other plants this time. My cephalotus is making a recovery so it'll be shown next time but it's doing amazing.

Nepenthes Caesarion - Since arrival, it's produced two new pitchers. The third one is quite a size jump compared to the other two

Nepenthes Veitchii x Platychila - This was one of the plants that was also fed with ants when outside. I really like the spikes and coloring on its newest pitcher.

nepenthes Talangensis - This are my first pitchers, it gave me two at a time with two more on the way. The pitchers are tubby and running with nectar.

Drosera Binata - I won this from a giveaway. It came with only a few growth points and it's exploded as expected. Plenty of little tiny new growths too!

Drosera Capensis red - It's gotten a lot taller since I got it. Hopefully it flowers soon

Drosera Capensis - My first Drosera, rescued from local nursery and it was completely dying. Now it's made a HUGE comeback. Second flower stalk is here

Drosera Spatulata - It's really cute how they clump together.

Drosera Aliciae - I counted 9 capensis seedlings. This plant has also made a huge recovery. It was burnt for a while.

Drosera Venusta - Not only is this plant giving me two new little plants, it's flowering AGAIN!!! It can't stop!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, ya know, school's still in break so I spend more time with the plants. I trimmed and fed my plants. So I thought I'd take some pictures

Red Sawtooth - Well, I hope it gets bigger next year but I think it's a slow grower

Unknown from Lowes - This one has blew up like crazy. The amount of little traps is so cute

B52 - Brought this back with me from a local nursery in October. Hasn't grew much at all.

Cobra Lily - Bought this from eBay seller a couple of months ago. Hasn't produced new pitcher but I'm very excited about next year ^_^

Cobra Lily - Well bought this from local nursery in Sept and only grew two new pitchers. I hope it's doing okay....

D.Capensis - I suspected this but I bought sphagnum moss that came with two Capensis. This i guess is the remaining roots I left in there.

D.Hamiltoni - I gave up on this dried plant when I received it and tossed it in my moss. It made a come back

D.Tracyi - Another prized jewel from local nursery that is now resting. Still beautiful nonetheless

Drosera unknonw - This plant came with eBay seller's cobra lily. It was really cute and it's sleeping now

D.Intermedia capillaris - Another from local nursery, three to be exact. Though I think my two other Drosera flower stalk's seed flew on to this pot

S. Purpurea ssp Purpurea f. heterophylla from online retailer - I mean this plant was HUGE when I got it and the pitchers just seems to never die. They last for SO LONG.

My outdoor tray

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your unknown Drosera is D. rotundifolia.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast