What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your local carnivorous plant society. ..

How many of you have a local society that your a member of. .. My area has various orchid society's but nothing for Cp's... i thought about starting one but no way I can do it on my own. Anyone take on such a project. .it's a great opportunity to educate and share our passion with others .. any thoughts ...? Thanks in advance. .

Contact some of the NECPS members. I'm sure that Dave and other founding members would be more than happy to help you out.

http://www.necps.org/

Dozer, check Facebook for Ohio Carnivorous plant society. Just liked a page under that name this morning.

Shortbus the ohio society never does anything. . I'm in Cleveland and anytime they have done something it's two hours away from me.

Might be a good idea to get involved in the one that already exists and just reinvigorate it.

What Cthulhu said: Probably far easier to build on an existing foundation. Maybe try and move meetings to a half way point? Cleveland should be a perfect audience to gain some steam.

Yeah not a bad idea.. I've contacted the ohio society and never got a reply. . Maybe it's worth another try..

Sometimes organizations like that just need someone who is intensely interested to take the reins and light the fire in others.

Yeah not a bad idea.. I've contacted the ohio society and never got a reply. . Maybe it's worth another try..
Figure out who the Prez is and hit him with some enthusiasm. My closest CP society is a state away. I started a post just like this before I gave up.

Is there a society in the deep south (where the plants grow)?

Back