What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia purprea "bob"

Ahh..those arnt black...just dark purple

But isnt dark pirple black? Cause if u put sharpie pen in water, its purple

No...true black is actually not a color..its the lack of color...and purple is purple not black

I'm definitely not a master...I have a lot to learn

That is a particularly dark plant.

It's dark enough IMO. Very nice looking plant. Closer to black than most.
Nice plant indeed.

It's a gorgeous specimen, either way.

According to science, black is the absence of color, while white is all colors combined. According to art, Science is backwards, or maybe it's the other way around.

Pretty plant nonetheless.

No...true black is actually not a color..its the lack of color...and purple is purple not black

You are referring to pigment therefore black is all the colours. It's in light that black is the abscence of colour and all the colours make white.

According to science, black is the absence of color, while white is all colors combined. According to art, Science is backwards, or maybe it's the other way around.

There is a whole lot of science in pigments too. You need to look at the full spectrum of science (pun intended)

Last edited:
Yes thank you for clearing that up fred :)

Fred is quite correct.

Nice color (or "colour" for the non-USers). :)

Last edited:
i dont get it... what about bob?

That's the darkest purp I've ever seen, very cool!

Pardon the crappy pic and the freeze damage, but Rare Finds had a table full of this clone at the last NECPS show. Since it won't come when I call it I haven't bothered to name it.

Attachments

• 1419971096734-946480701.jpg
    1419971096734-946480701.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 45
Back